Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)
The gaming related ventilation thread!
I just beat Xenosaga Episode III yesterday. It has taken me the better part of a decade to finish this series cause the place I rented Ep 1 & 2 from never had 3. By the time they might have PS3 was starting to come out, 360 was out before that. So they had to probably save up shelf space for new console games. So about a year or two ago I bought Episode 3 off Amazon for a really cheap price. But I had other games to finish before I could even think of paying any attention to it, especially since I would have to play the other two games first as the story is pretty complicated in the long run, but the first game really did well laying down a foundation with the second being an okay continuation, however.....

I must say the last game was a mess as far as story went. Gameplay was great, I really enjoyed it. But the story in the 3rd game was a hot mess. I guess I can understand why. This was planned out to be 6 games in total and I felt like the third game was jamming in stuff that might have been apart of the other possible games that would have come after Ep 2. Cause there was a story arc that happened between 2 and 3 that was summarized in 3 but no images of characters and such was given, mention of specific things that were talked about as if they were already known to the player.

I even looked up on wiki to see what side games like a mobile game, a book, anything that would explain this extra bits of story arc or character development that happened between the games, but nothing. There was a year gap between the games and this stuff happened.

I don't know, I feel like they just rushed it to get it done since they knew they weren't gonna be able to expand on anything so they just slapped a bunch of storylines together and got it out the door. It looked good too. Everything about it was great, especially the combat went to a traditional turn based style and not the weird system they had the previous game, except the story. Just when you thought you were understanding it, something else would pop up that made no sense unless you are really good at following some pretty abstract thought.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - by GameWizard001 - 03-28-2014, 10:37 PM