Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)
The gaming related ventilation thread!
(03-29-2014, 10:03 AM)gamemaster1991 Wrote:
(03-29-2014, 06:54 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote:
(03-28-2014, 10:37 PM)GameWizard001 Wrote: I even looked up on wiki to see what side games like a mobile game, a book, anything that would explain this extra bits of story arc or character development that happened between the games, but nothing. There was a year gap between the games and this stuff happened.

I checked on Wikipedia and apparently there was a web series called "A Missing Year" that bridged the gap between the second and third games. If I were you I'd look that up.

It's hard to find a translation, though, since the official project was apparently buried midway.

This is the kinda thing that I hate. Why do we need to have to buy comic book, watch a web mini-series, or any other media to understand what's happening in a video game. If we are missing some information in a sequel, we should buy the preveus game(s) to understand and/or have a small summary of what was not added to the games in the game. Other things do it too, and sometimes they don't even try to tell us what happened. At lest with Red Dwarf (who had to skip the first episode of series 3), they gave a text scrawl for what we missed.

Episode 3 had a summary of events but you had to go looking for it in the game. There was no hint that I needed to go to this sub menu from the main menu when you start the game. Then they reference the crap out of it in the beginning but in brief ways as if the viewer is assumed to have foreknowledge of it already.

If I didn't even read the summary of what was given I would have been lost.

As I said, this was an incomplete game rushed to completion as it was supposed to be a 6 part series and not 3.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - by GameWizard001 - 03-29-2014, 10:40 AM