Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 18 Guest(s)
The gaming related ventilation thread!
Forced stealth segments in videogames are a blast! Why, I was just walking around in the radiant hills of Mordor, picking some gentile herbs and spices for my salad, when a yellow icon told me to follow some wondrous man with a sword! This Adonis, champion of champions, told me to poison some Orc no-no juice in order to clear them out and save his wife! Of course he could only supervise instead of, oh, splitting the poison and accomplishing the goal in half of the time or even keeping watch and having my back, but he needed to practice his calisthenics for the big baseball match against our rival middle school tomorrow! Smart thinking, pal! While I could easily send every orc in this camp site to the great barrel of grog in the sky using my sharp sharp stick, the game told me that I was being silly and the only real way to do it was walking kinda near a few heavily guarded barrels and pressing "V"! I was concerned at first, but then I realized that the letter V must be the orcs favorite! Guard Man Dude is a genius! So I try and crouch around some orcs and they spot me! Silly orcs! I manage to escape the camp unencumbered, only for the game to inform me that I failed for leaving the mission area even though I had planned to return after the commotion died down. This failure then resulted in me having to redo the entire mission, hooray more fun with my friends!

Seriously game, I'm an unstoppable juggernaut and the most fun your game can offer is having the player slice through a camp of Uruks. Instead of hindering the player by removing the FUN ELEMENTS OF YOUR DAMN GAME, maybe actually design challenging levels or enemies instead of forcing me to crouch around like an idiot after picking up flowers.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - by Arjahn - 01-10-2015, 02:40 PM