Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)
The gaming related ventilation thread!
I've been playing for a while now, and all-in-all, Monster Hunter 4U is far worse than 3U. It definitely shines in certain areas, but there is so much tedium and horrible design choices scattered throughout, I would highly recommend 3U over 4U to pretty much anyone. The monster design especially was more unified and enjoyable in 3U, this time around there are so many god damn "Wait around for a monster to splash around in invincibility state x and then you can attack him for five seconds" monsters here, it makes me sick. Not to mention the appalling number of giant AoE attacks with absurdly enormous hitboxes that I doubt were ever playtested. Heck, most of the enjoyable monsters are ripped out of previous games in the franchise, while most of the newer ones are super-generic "oooh imma have giant AoE attacks for a bit, and then I'm going to go super-sayian in my super form and have giant AoE attacks with even BIGGER HITBOXES!". God damn I am so sick of giant hitboxes, 3U only had a few and most players laughed at them there, but now half of the roster has them and everyone's calling this the greatest Monster Hunter since MHSBU (monster hunter sliced bread ULTIMATE). 

Eh, rant over. The climbing is cool and the online works really well, but so many of the monsters are either stupidly easy or absurdly difficult purely due to artificial difficulty and wonky hitboxes you can't predict. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - by Arjahn - 03-09-2015, 10:23 PM