Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)
The gaming related ventilation thread!
PC masterrace. PC mother f****** masterrace. I needed a certain program to play with my friend. Well, the download site only provides the newest version and it would seem only the previous version has the access to the same server he is on. Not even manually adding the server works. Sure, that's fine, let me just find the old version from the virus ridden depths of the internet. A "quick" download later it turns out the previous version is only a patch update that needs the version before that to work. More searching, more downloading, more trying to make shit work. Have to manually delete all files from the newest version I had because it lacks the uninstall-file. Still doesn't work, turns out the patch was later made into a standalone program. More downloading. Now the program's complaining that it can't fully install while Origin is running. What? A quick check and nope, no Origin running in the background. Manage to make the thing continue installing despite this nefarious ghost-Origin running somewhere in the digital space. Still no server. Google time. Turns out the server has ceased existing... In 2012. Yet my friend is still on that server. Lots of confusion later I find out that the god damn server has been later bought by some Canadian company and I only needed to search the Canadian list of servers. For a Finnish server. At this point, and two hours of lost time later, I don't even want to play the game anymore.

It feels like every time I'm trying to play something on a PC I end up dying a little on the inside.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - by Mass Distraction - 07-07-2015, 06:08 AM