Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 16 Guest(s)
The gaming related ventilation thread!
So, after finishing TPP. I wanted to go back and try the MSX titles. I attempted to try them back in 2012 when I finished MGS3, but I figured they weren't for me.

Anyhow, I started it up and attempted to get as far as I could. It was difficult, but every 10 deaths or so the game would give you a full inventory of ammo and rations, basically making the game much easier to handle and was very nice to do so. There were also many POW's that I didn't save mainly because they were out of the way and would usually kill me due to people seeing me. The game didn't tell me to rescue them and even if I did they would never give me any useful information. Several of them did, but many of them just said "Thanks" and nothing in the game made you think that you had to save them.

I was trying to do it without a guide, and got quite far before having to rely on a speedrun for one small thing. But I always kept the speedrun in tune with my game just to make sure that if I missed something I'd know. There was a boss fight with a tank that if it touched you you'd die. I attempted to kill it but kept getting touched by it and dying but found that it could be skipped if timed correctly in the speedrun, so I also timed my game corrctly to skip it and didn't bother with it afterwards.

About 50 minutes later, I noticed that I am not in sync with the speedrun. Something happened to his that didn't happen to mine, and I couldn't proceed in the game because of it. It turned out that you had to rescue ALL of the POW's or else you couldn't contact this important person to help you advance in the game. So I tried my best but had to go back, but the only problem was the boss fight.

Since I skipped the boss fight, going back would instantly place Snake on the Tank's spawn, meaning he would die. The checkpoint is also beyond the tank, meaning that I couldn't do anything. I'd just keep dying and dying until I eventually gave up and had to start again.

Such a shame really. I guess I shouldn't have cheated but I really found that to be an annoying thing to happen after having to fucking play through 4 hours of it just to learn I'd fucked up. I'm really pissed at that.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - by retrolinkx - 09-18-2015, 10:00 PM