Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)
The gaming related ventilation thread!
I just experienced the worst kind of "f*ck you" I have ever seen in a game. I was playing Clock Tower 2: The Struggle Within, also known as Ghost Head, and I got to the final chapter after multiple times when I "locked" myself from advancing in the game, meaning I made a wrong choice that prevented the next story piece from appearing, resulting in me running around for hours and finally checking a walkthrough that tells me I just have to load an older save because I done f*ucked my progress. Well, that's okay, I can just redo the choice and continue, right? Well, it was going fine and dandy, with a lot of loading old saves, up until that aforementioned final chapter. After I got killed by a seemingly random suit of armor dropping from the sky on my head for a few times, and after scouring every corner of every room with both characters, I went to check what choices screwed me over this time. Turns out there is a random chance that the suit of armor found in the very beginning of the game, the same one that eventually drops on my head seemingly out of nowhere at the very end of the game, starts moving when touched and ONLY IF THIS COMPLETELY RANDOMLY GENERATED EVENT HAPPENS does the armor not fall on your character at the end of the game, thus preventing you from finishing it. Believe me, I fondled the damn thing at least a dozen times, just like every other item in the house when I was stuck, and it did not move. There has been only one occurrence of the movement happening and I got killed immediately after so of course that didn't carry on to my eventually fruitful playthrough. Tough shit.

Seriously, who codes their game so that you cannot complete it unless a completely random event takes place at the god damn beginning of it? So basically I can't finish the game unless I start it over from the beginning and start pestering the damn armor. Screw that.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - by Mass Distraction - 10-22-2015, 02:07 PM