Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)
The gaming related ventilation thread!
Anyone else getting really tired of nostalgia trip games? I understand wanting to feel nostalgiac for games you played when you were a kid, and a few new takes and reimaginings of those old games can be fun for sure, but now we're seeing so many developers just milking that shit for all they've got. I think for me it started with Shovel Knight, since everyone called it such a masterpiece but to me it just felt like the most generic platformer I've ever played, and now they want to do a retro N64 one and I just can't bring myself to care. And I know a lot of you guys love these games, and that's fine I'm not trying to say that my very subjective taste in games should apply to everyone, but my problem is that objectively, I think this trend is really bad for games in general. When these retro games get so much hype and people are fed up with most triple-a titles, half of the games released just turn into nostalgia trips or remakes or weird spinoffs. I feel like its stifling creativity in a weird way, why would you make a nostalgia game when you can just make a new game using similar mechanics and updating them appropriately? I dunno, I feel weird, I'm starting to get excited for some Triple-A titles and desensitized with indie games, pulling a real reverse-internet over here.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - by Arjahn - 01-16-2016, 03:10 PM