Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 24 Guest(s)
The gaming related ventilation thread!
The Smite balance team is full of blindfolded chimpanzees riding around an office complex on horseback hurling tomahawks at their PCs in order to decide what to change this patch. Every single role right now is completely and utterly f*cked.

Support, which previously was my favorite, can't build any kind of respectable defense since, at the beginning of the season, Hi Rez literally just made every single defensive item half as good. Defense items used to give actual Defense and Health, now they give one or the other, which means every defensive character is half as good as they used to be while no offensive items were touched like this at all.

Junglers can no longer farm effectively after the devs just decided to make the jungle give less XP for no reason this season, so now they babysit Mid all game so they don't fall extremely behind. This in turn hurts the Mid laner because any god without an escape, who previously were all in mid-low tiers, are bottom tier now since they're pretty much always in extreme danger and need a way out. Previously, Mid lane was a pretty diverse lineup, now it's the same five or six gods with almost no diversity.

Solo lane is just boring, since Junglers rarely if ever rotate to gank anymore because of the XP loss. Now you just chill in lane and hope the other guy doesn't kill you for twenty minutes. Funnnnn

I can't even comment on ADC since the role rapidly fluctuates every few weeks. One week it's fine, the next they add a new hunter who's absurdly broken but they refuse to tone down, the next week they add an item which makes the alleged "late game carry" class do more damage than anyone else at any given point in the game for no reason.

This all isn't even taking into account personal issues, like how I ground a god to Diamond last fall because he was extremely fun to play and more or less revived my interest in the game, then Hi Rez decided to make him to worst god in the entire game, no contest, completely brushed him under the rug, ignored the countless people asking for even a slight adjustment to make him not utter ass, and then just said "He's actually doing pretty well" on stream when people ask about him, even though every single statistic shows that he's utter crap.

I dunno, I'm just not having fun with the game anymore now that it's so incredibly broken. I hate this too because, at its core, Smite is a crazy fun game that I doubt I'll ever really quit, but with every patch it gets so much worse. I miss the TF2 hardcore way of balancing things, wherein a stupid thing will exist for years only to be toned down after everyone's gotten used to it and labeled as "a bug". Sure it's shady as all get out, but hey, it's consistent. Smite's just a different game every few months, and usually, it's a worse one.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - by Arjahn - 04-28-2016, 04:14 AM