Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)
The gaming related ventilation thread!
Someone once told me that "A good game is one that brings you back it and when it get harder it makes you say 'One more time. This time for sure.'" I would like to look him in the face and tell him BULLSHIT. I just spent the last I don't know how long trying to do the Hardest level in Super Mario Galaxy 2 (The Perfect Run, which is a level with bullshit design and you can only take one hit). As you can see from my Backloggery Logo, I did not finish it. I gave up because I can not bare it any more. I kept going "One more time." Not becuse I was having fun but because it was the last star in the game and I might as well get it since I got all the way there.

I would also like to take this time to explain why I don't like 3D Mario. For the longest time, I could not figure out why 3D Mario games get dull some time in, and then SMG2 showed me. It's repetitive. I'll give 64 some slack since it was still learning and was half desint. Sunshine and Galaxy 2, however, have no excuse. Making us run around collecting everything in a level is boring. Yes, you can collect the bare minimum and get the final battle, but if you are me, you don't like leaving a game half finished. You know what? I think Galaxy 2 is made to be 100% beaten, because You first collect the 108 (I think) stars in the normal worlds, then the remaining stars in the S world (to make 120), and then you replay the game by getting 120 green stars, AND THEN you open up the last level for two last stars making it 242. Why would you have that many stars if you're not meant to be completed? At lest when you replayed Galaxy 1, it was optional and you were treated to something special, playing as Luigi, which was made unspecial in 2 by making him playable for almost the entire game.

I teased this game for the longest time saying it's nothing but a DLC pack, but really it is. It really wants to be Mario Galaxy 1 but better. "We have a great new character in the first one so lets do the same and they'll love him too," except I didn't. I think he's the worse part of the game along side the repetitive stages. "There were green stars that open up a new challenge, so lets do that again," but the green stars were collected along the way in one, there were three of them, and I liked the harder challenges because they were tough but fair instead of long and difficult. "We didn't put in classic levels, so let's put one from each of the 3D games." While it was cool to see Whomp's Fortress updated, it didn't make up for the boring slog in the second half, and the other two felt kinda out of place (Twisty Trials AKA Secret of Rico Tower) and lazy (Stone Cyclone AKA Fast Foes on the Cyclone Stone).

In the end, I don't like this game. I don't plan to play it again, though I have surprised myself from time to time.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - by gamemaster1991 - 08-18-2016, 01:58 AM