Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)
The gaming related ventilation thread!
Starting looking for Skyrim questline mods since I finished everything in vanilla for the third time and I found one called The Gray Cowl of Nocturnal that came very highly recommended.

Good god was it a let down, I mean the starting dungeon is fine albeit really convoluted, but then it leads you to a mini daedric plane where you need to find a key to escape and, ideally, not kill any of the dozens of patrolling guards. I figured that the key would be located on one of the guards, so I went around pickpocketing and came up empty handed. Then I figured it'd be near one of the guard camps, since this is supposed to be a stealthy adventure after all, so I sneak around all of the camps and, once again, came up empty handed. Then I figured, fuck it, it must be somewhere on this stupid plane, so I just summoned my horse and rode around the entire map, only to find absolutely nothing.

TURNS OUT, the key is sitting in a chest in a tiny cave behind the castle right next to the water that, by the way, instakills you if you get close to it. Whatever, I have the key, I enter the door and end up in the NEW most back-assward dungeon I've ever played in a videogame. The whole thing is a weird system of tube-y hallways that you need to run back and forth in whilst spamming a spell that detects fake walls, and its somehow even worse than it sounds. There's a bunch of pulling one lever that opens a door five miles away in a different tube, so you spring over there only to find a lever that opens a door back at the other tube and its just a bit old mess of a dungeon. Eventually I got so tired that I tried noclipping around and that still didn't help because of how fucking gridlocked the entire map is.

I gave up there, holy god was that miserable.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - by Arjahn - 08-21-2016, 01:46 AM