Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)
The gaming related ventilation thread!
Once you do a fairly decent game it's amazing how little effort you can put into the others and people will still eat it up.

The first FNAF was so great because it was super cheap and really a bargain for how entertaining it was. It used the less is more approach and built the tension with the first night being a cakewalk and making players realize you REALLY have to practice resource management to survive. It's super creepy to see the animatronics slowly creeping up to you and the subtle changes that happen from night to night like Freddy slowly starting to move and Foxy coming out of Pirate's Cove. The messages left by phone guy were also brilliantly written with their dark humor.

Yes, it's a game that got stale, but initially those jump scares were extremely effective and it's neat there was a challenge mode to amp up the difficulty.

With FNAF 2 there was no chance to get creeped out because you have no time to be checking the cameras to see what the animatronics are doing because every two seconds something is coming at you and you have to keep that music box wound up. It's tedious and boring. It completely lacked the charm of the first game.

Three was "meh". I liked Spring Trap's design and the fact you could hallucinate was really cool. Still, those new mechanics all got introduced fast and so, once again, the game got boring.

FNAF 4... So lacking that all I recall from it is just running to open doors to the hall and the closet.

Yeah, production values were greatly enhanced for Sister Location, but it's BARELY a game. All you do the first night is hit buttons. Second night you're trying to keep a single door closed. Third night it's going back and forth between restoring power and keeping Fun Time Freddy at bay. Fourth is keeping some screws tightened and shaking off these little puppet things. Fifth is following some voice commands. Oh, and I guess there's some traveling segments where you have to keep the new Foxy clone away.

Either way, even though these segments are difficult, they're over pretty fast. Honestly I think someone who's really skilled could beat the game in less than an hour.

I've only watched people play these, but I've always been interested in the idea, and it just won't stop getting more and more ridiculous and the games worse and worse. I guess when your audience is mainly 12-16 year olds it's fine, though. I'm just getting more and more irritated at what is passing as a "game" nowadays.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - by Hexadecimal - 10-09-2016, 02:27 PM