Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)
The gaming related ventilation thread!
Just beat Owlboy and am going to post a hearty rant below, use the bathroom and grab a snack now, because I'm externalizing my thoughts, bitch.

Starting with some positives, the game looks gorgeous, the sprite work is incredibly detailed and I mean just look at a few screenshots, it's a sight to behold. The second dungeon is honestly one of the best videogame levels that I've ever played through, it just keeps throwing new mechanics and characters at you and weaves them together in a fun way that's never overwhelming and always a blast to play. I was grinning like and idiot throughout the entire area and it might be worth the price of admission just for it. The writing is fantastic, when it's between characters you give two shits about. The villains are bland and the overall plot is really uninteresting, but when your party is going at it with eachother, it's truly fantastic stuff.  The relationship between Owlboy and his mentor is honestly one of the few times in my life that a videogame has really touched me on an emotional level, which is why it pains me to say...

God this game is disappointing, never before have I played something that started so strong and fell so far. I actually cared about these characters, that never happens and the devs just murdered it, fuck man.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - by Arjahn - 11-06-2016, 02:22 AM