Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)
The gaming related ventilation thread!
UGH!! I am the only one who hates when people say that if a character from a videogame (or sometimes a movie or a comic) series makes a guest appereance in another videgame means that they both share the same fictional universe? Becuase I do.

You want me to name a specific example? I'll give you three.

1. Back when the Arbiter was confirmed as a playable character in Killer Instinct, some people said something among the lines of "I guess this confirms that both Halo and KI share a universe".

2. When SFV director Takayuki Nakayama confirmed on Twitter that the Rival School series takes place in the same universe, some people said "eh, Sakura was playable on Rival Schools anyway, so no surprise them", despite that the fact that only thing connecting these two series before the confirmation was Sakura existence.

3. Some fans of the series The King Of Fighters (mostly the latinos) believes that KOF takes place in the same universe as the Fatal Fury/Art of Fighting series, when in fact, KOF was originally concieved as a crossover fighting game, not only featuring characters from Fatal Fury and Art of Fighting, but also characters from other, lesser know SNK franchises such as Ikari Warriors and Psyco Soldiers (as well as adding some original characters into the mix). Basically, think of KOF as the "original Smash Brothers".

It is the year 2016 and there are still self-proclaimed KOF fans out there who don't know such a basic fact? Come on....

I mean, going by the logic that those series take place in the same universe, then Mario, Zelda, Pokémon, Kirby, etc take place in the same universe because Smash Bros is a thing. See how stupid it sounds? Well, is the same deal with KOF.

So, again, why do people makes such stupid assumptions? The fact they are called "GUEST characters" should be a dead giveaway!

Messages In This Thread
RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - by ZpaceJ0ck0 - 12-21-2016, 05:08 PM