Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)
The gaming related ventilation thread!
(05-13-2017, 02:14 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: Can I ask what the reasoning is to change the names of spells and items for RPGs? Why can't a healing spell be call heal or cure or something like that. Why can't a healing potion be called a health drink or whatever? Now if you want to make food into health and drinks into mana, I'm fine with that, but when you give me an item with a weird name and no description, I have to turn to guides just to understand what they do and that really bugs me.

Phantasy Star II has a healing spell called Res which I guess stands for resurrect which kinda makes sence but what does Ryuka, GiFoi, and Ner stand for. This also goes for Dimate, the potion of this game. And what bothers me the most is that in the first game, there were techniques called heal, cure, fire, ECT, so they changed them just to make the alien world more alien. This is one of the many things that makes me not like this game as much as the first.

Oh man my favorite is when they name vastly different spells similar yet entirely meaningless names just to mess with your head.

Well you see Shock is a low level single target lightning spell whereas Shocka is a high level single target spell and Shockaka is a very high level single target spell and Shockakaka is a master level single target spell and Shockala is an area of effect spell of course it's not nearly as strong as Shockalacka which is a high level AoE spell and Shockanaka provides you with temporary resistance to Shock damage while Shockamaka empower's an ally with additional Shock damage

Messages In This Thread
RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - by Arjahn - 05-17-2017, 01:45 AM