Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)
The gaming related ventilation thread!
Viewtiful Joe 2 is just such a disappointment compared to the original.

I honestly can't be asked to complete the fucking game because of there being so much bullshit, and even then the little things annoy me to hell and back. Maybe it's because I'm playing it on Normal instead of Easy like I did the original since it was really hard.

Like, take Silva. Joe's Girlfriend and the second hero you play as. She can slow down time and such as well, but instead of having a good ability like speeding up time, she has a triple hit ability, in other words enemies are hit three times in a row when you use it and usually fly off screen. If this is done successfully, she gets an electrified aura, does more damage and can open electrified boxes. On the fucking flip side of this, if she gets his while in this mode SHE TAKES THREE TIMES THE DAMAGE.

WHAT THE FUCK WAS THE REASONING BEHIND THIS? IF JOE GETS HIT WHILE IN HIS SUPER FAST MODE, HE DOESN'T GET HIT FOR TWO TIMES THE DAMAGE OR WHATEVER THE FUCK.

It's so incredibly frustrating to die to it as well, especially when YOU FUCKING DIE FROM THE ELECTRIFIED BOX YOU WERE ATTEMPTING TO HIT WITH YOUR TRIPLE HIT.

Even then, bosses are a bane. I spent so much time on one boss, who had some dumb gimmick of running around half the stage (stopping when he was JUST far enough away from you so that when you did get over to him, he would start running around again) and then throwing boomerangs that would target you and shit. Like I don't even want to explain how awful this boss was, but even then after looking up a guide and abusing some tricks I finally beat the fucker.

Only to be presented with the next stage which was a boss rush mode. A FUCKING BOSS RUSH MODE. YOU THINK I ENJOYED FIGHTING THE SHITTY BOSSES OF VIEWTIFUL JOE 2. NONE OF THEM WERE FUN AND THE ONLY CHALLENGING ONE WITH THE ONE I HAD TROUBLE WITH BECAUSE IT WAS JUST BULLSHIT.

I had to just drop it at this point and do something else. I eventually beat the fucking boss for a second time, and then fought the final boss.......or so it seemed. Turned out that there's ANOTHER FUCKING STAGE I HAVE TO GO THROUGH.

This wouldn't be too bad if it was just your generic stage, but it seems like it goes out of it's fucking way to make this awkward to play. On the SECOND SCREEN of the stage I'm stuck because of some dumb puzzle it wants me to complete which involves me timing a dodge so that I can slow down an enemy, uppercutting him into the air and then intercepting him with a kick so that his body can collide with a fucking button and open a door. This wouldn't be too bad if I could time shit correctly, but FOR SOME FUCKING REASON THE CAMERA PANS UPWARDS WHEN YOU ATTEMPT TO DO THIS, AND THUS CAN'T SEE WHAT YOU'RE MEANT TO DODGE SO THAT YOU CAN DODGE IT.

LIKE FUCKING WHY, WHAT'S THE FUCKING POINT OF ALL THIS BULLSHIT. I JUST WANT TO BEAT PEOPLE UP, NOT HAVE TO DO STUPID FUCKING PUZZLES AT ANY GIVEN MOMENT, IT'S NOT FUN IT'S JUST TIME CONSUMING AND ANNOYING.

I just want to finish this fucking game. I just want to finish it, but at every opportunity it finds a way to make this a chore. Video games should not be a chore so why the fuck is Viewtiful Joe one.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - by retrolinkx - 06-21-2017, 11:45 PM