Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)
The gaming related ventilation thread!
Man, I really don't get what retard thought REMOVING memo saves from Final Fantasy 3 was a great idea. Memo saving was basically just a way to quick save inside a dungeon, it was useful because Final Fantasy has bullshit fights and encounter rates, the amount of times I'll die from a 2000+ attack from an enemy is too much to handle. The memo save is there to basically let you get THROUGH the game without much difficulty. But for some fucking reason someone decided they shouldn't INCLUDE IT in this version of FF3.

The game isn't exactly hard, it's been a decent challenge and I think I spent around an hour overall grinding throughout, but HOLY FUCKING SHIT THEY FUCKED UP BY REMOVING MEMO SAVES.

The final part of the game is basically a long endurance run. You can obtain special weapons if you defeat bosses that hold those weapons along the way, so of course I did that since I need as much exp and help as I can get. There's around 5-6 bosses, after that you meed the "final" boss and have to beat him. After he goes down you discover that he wasn't the final boss and you need to go to the world of darkness.

Once you enter the world of darkness, you need to fight FOUR more bosses and THEN you can fight THE FINAL BOSS. Oh, and I forgot to add that there are four treasure chests that hold items that block status effects on your party, and they're guarded by THE "FINAL" BOSS YOU JUST KILLED. So all in all you're fighting around 20 bosses including the final boss in the final run with NO MEMO SAVES.

The annoying part was that I actually forgot to give my party Ribbon's (that you get from the chests guarded by the "final" boss) so the status effects the final boss gives them doesn't effect them, so in the first fucking turn one of party members fell asleep and couldn't do anything until he died. I eventually lost the fight and had to GO BACK TO THE FUCKING BEGINNING WHICH WAS 3 HOURS AGO.

This entire run takes 3 hours to do, with healing and other things as well. YOU CANNOT SAVE WHILE INSIDE THE DUNGEON. The only time you can "technically" save to save some time would be to go through the first dungeon, kill the weapon bosses then go outside again and save. You'd have to go through THE WHOLE DUNGEON AGAIN, but it would save time I guess.

What a fucking load of shit. This game is definitely better than 1 and 2, but holy shit it's been trying my patience in these final few hours, the difficulty just shot up to the point that one move by the boss WILL one shot a party member and then I'm stuck using my healer as a reviver, and even then the boss can just attack them again. It's really fucking annoying.

Anyhow, I just moved my saved back on the PPSSPP and I'm going to use save states instead, it'll basically be like using a memo save.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - by retrolinkx - 05-02-2018, 10:43 PM