Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)
The gaming related ventilation thread!
Final Fantasy 5 has been quite the let down. 4 set a bar for what I expected from a Final Fantasy game, it was the game that made me go "oh, this is why people like this series" and then 5 comes along and just fucks it all up.

I'd love to go into why, but I'd rather just let out my vent.

The final boss of the game is the hardest in any FF game in the series. He's basically got 200,000 health and is split up into four parts. He's not too bad, just gotta keep healing every few turns and spamming moves to beat him. On my 2nd attempt after 30 minutes of fighting I destroy 3 out of 4 of his forms, and the final form keeps spamming Meteor which is DEVASTATING to the party, it can hit any one of them from anywhere to 200-2000 damage and hits FOUR times. It's basically a gamble on whether you'll die or not.

It's understandable that he's doing it, but fuck me I really thought I had him. He had ONE last body part left, and the others were dead and buried, I was so close to finishing this let down of a 30+ hour game, but no. He spammed Meteor on my final person who was alive and killed him,

I looked at the walkthrough and found out his final body piece has 60,000 health, not 50,000. So I must've been around 2-3 turns away from winning but he took it away from me by spamming cheap moves.

I'm not even angry with this game anymore, I'm just disappointed with it. It's such a step down from 4, and while it has cool ideas everything else about it is just boring. I don't care for the characters, story, environments, gameplay, job system or anything else because it's been such a struggle to play and finish the game.

I'll finish it tomorrow and make sure I finish off the 60,000 piece before I do the 50,000 piece. The boss fight isn't too bad for a final boss, it's just frustrating.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - by retrolinkx - 06-05-2018, 12:47 AM