Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)
The gaming related ventilation thread!
I really don't understand the Final Fantasy developers, it's like they have great ideas and then go backwards on them for some reason and employ people to make the most bullshit places and fights, even by FF6.

I spent the last hour or so, traversing a tower where you could only use magic, and enemies would use magic on you. So I died the first time going up because of miscalculating the situation, so this time around I made sure I had Reflect rings equipped (reflects all magic, so I was basically invincible) and made sure I cast Float on everyone so moves like Quake that would do 2000+ damage wouldn't effect me.

So it was smooth sailing for the whole tower, nothing went wrong except the fact I had to go through around 5 minute battles every 30 seconds, leading to around an hour or so of just walking up this tower. Once I finally got to the top, I assume'd I was going to fight another boss and prepared for it. I opened the treasure chest, went outside, was greeted by a bunch of cultists and then finally the boss.

This dude was called Magic Master and had 50000hp, 50000mp and a fucking barrier gimmick. HP is never a problem but that MP is, powerful magic only costs around 50mp to cast for him meaning he could get around 100000 magic moves off before he'd even run out of MP and that could take hours. The biggest problem here was the barrier gimmick.

The barrier change boss is a dumb gimmick boss where he keeps on changing his weakness and nothing telegraphs what it is beyond using a magic move called Libra (which is fucking useless because he changes his barrier everytime you use a magic move on him) along with this every other move will do 0 damage or in some cases heal the fucker.

So here I am in a stalemate. The boss can't kill me, and I can't kill the boss without a lot of time and luck. I eventually wittled down his health to 22000 and noticed that he actually does damage to himself most of the time due to attacking my entire party and then the reflect doing damage to him, mostly in the ballpark of 6000-8000. So I stopped attacking him and let the game play itself and around five minutes later I check his health and it's at 27000.

I said to myself I wouldn't check a guide for this game, but fuck this boss. He's bullshit, there's no way of knowing what his weakness is because it's trial and error, so I found out one strategy from the wiki was to cast Berserk on him (a spell that locks you into using physical moves until you die/battle is over) so his barrier would no longer change. Great, that's one part down.

But, the problem here is that his barrier could be allowing magic I didn't have. So the first time I berserked him, his weakness was Wind a move that I don't have so I spent more time switching it around and eventually got to Earth which wasn't too bad but required me to keep on killing a party member and reviving him for him to use Quake (attacks all ground based enemies for 2000 health usually).

So this sounds great right? I'm about to BEAT this fucking 40 minute boss fight? Well, no you're wrong. FOR SOME GENIUS REASON THE DEVS DECIDED THAT WHEN HIS FUCKER DIES HE CASTS THE MOST POWERFUL SPELL IN THE GAME UPON DEATH WHICH DOES AROUND 5000+ DAMAGE. For comparison's sake, the highest health a character has right now is around 2300.

There were no saves during the tower, and no memo saving either since the game is the GBA version which only had Quicksaving. So, according to my 3DS's time. That was 2 hours wasted on a useless boss. Thanks Square.

Not only am I pissed with this, but I really didn't want to use a guide to look up anything but this was just fucking annoying, so now I looked up where I was in the game and found out that a location that nobody told me about is the next step forward and I had done some stuff that was past this point without knowing. I swear, all they needed was some dude to just say "Hey, I heard there's this cave that you can't access without going past some mountains west of Tzar. Some treasure hunter went there looking for some big money."

Whatever though, I'm tired of this game now, it was good for the first 18 hours or so, and now I'm just tired of it and according to the walkthrough I'm still around 10 hours away from finishing it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - by retrolinkx - 06-24-2018, 12:34 PM