Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Spunko's Cartooney Pictures
I'm back here are some new artwork.

[Image: tumblr_ot0gec4uXS1tugkj0o4_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_ot0gec4uXS1tugkj0o3_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_ot0gec4uXS1tugkj0o2_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_ot0gec4uXS1tugkj0o1_1280.jpg]
Excited about OK KO! Let's Be Heroes on Cartoon Network? Well, the man who voiced these guys (Nick Army, Neil, Pird and Ernesto) are voiced by animator and voice artist extraordinaire Chris Niosi (whom I explained earlier in another post). Niosi was also the creator of a web series known as TOME: Terrain of Magical Expertise. It's basically .hack// meets YGO Abridged but it has a more serious and comedic twist. Anyway, I figure it'd be fun to turn his characters in OK KO into TOME characters. I used Sniperwheel, a character in TOME, as a reference for Ernesto's TOME design. This was done in Flash.

And their new screen names:
Nick Army - WonArmy
Neil - Armmur
Pird - Flightling
Ernesto - Burnesto

[Image: tumblr_ornz2lcleK1tugkj0o2_1280.jpg]
I've grown attached to Alan Ituriel's Villainous that I did a series of expressions for his character, Black Hat. Done in Storyboard Pro. I liked the bottom ones best. Villainous actually inspired me to make my own new pitch.

[Image: tumblr_orivxngtd51tugkj0o1_1280.jpg]
See how I work aged over the years? Can you tell the first one has a Butch Hartman vibe to it? This character,which I drew at age 12, was supposedly a ferret bodyguard. So I made two revisions. One that best matches the original and another one that handles a different direction.

[Image: tumblr_orcnv69lZw1tugkj0o1_1280.png]
Not my best work. A quick tribute to Adam West who passed away that day.

[Image: tumblr_or6yqhJYWq1tugkj0o1_1280.png]
Some KO body expressions I did on Sketchbook Pro.

[Image: tumblr_oqael6eN971tugkj0o1_1280.jpg]
This was made during the final airing of Samurai Jack on adultswim. It's also a reference to how Lupin the III will take the show's place.

And who wants to see an animation?

Andrew Dickman was having an animation collab to do a remake of the Super Mario World episode "Mama Luigi" (with memory of Tony Rosato; voice of Luigi who passed). The episode was split into scenes and each animator, who requested to participate (combine with art reference) was in charge of animating the entire scene with no added sfx or seconds. Had to be an exact length. The good perk was the creative freedom we get to take it in any direction we want, so long as it follows the same perspective as the scene. For example, if someone got a scene of Yoshi eating a fireball. They have to draw Yoshi eating the ball but they can make Yoshi eat it madly or something else. 

Anyway, I was one of the people who participated amung hundereds of animators. My scene was when Mario knocked off by the football koopas. I decided it would be funnier if he hit himself upon the koopas arrival. The animation was done entirely in Flash but Mario and the koopas were drawn by hand then colored, vectorized and animated in Flash. The video is an HD remake of an old video I had and a short process on how it was done. Can you guess the cameos?

Whew. That was a lot for today.

Messages In This Thread
Spunko's Cartooney Pictures - by YTSpunko - 03-06-2017, 01:35 AM
RE: Spunko's Cartooney Pictures - by YTSpunko - 04-26-2017, 04:34 PM
RE: Spunko's Cartooney Pictures - by Kakariko Kid - 04-27-2017, 05:05 AM
RE: Spunko's Cartooney Pictures - by YTSpunko - 04-27-2017, 07:01 AM
RE: Spunko's Cartooney Pictures - by YTSpunko - 05-04-2017, 06:38 PM
RE: Spunko's Cartooney Pictures - by YTSpunko - 05-13-2017, 03:17 PM
RE: Spunko's Cartooney Pictures - by YTSpunko - 07-15-2017, 11:25 PM
RE: Spunko's Cartooney Pictures - by YTSpunko - 07-24-2017, 06:44 PM
RE: Spunko's Cartooney Pictures - by YTSpunko - 08-14-2017, 05:28 AM
RE: Spunko's Cartooney Pictures - by YTSpunko - 08-16-2017, 08:31 PM