Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
The gaming related ANTI-ventilation thread.
Been playing a lot of Terraria lately after grabbing it on a steam sale 5 years ago and hardly touching it, and holy god are the Boss Fights in that game awesome.

I don't actually know why, they're not (at least so far) super complicated or anything, most have two portions and either spawn minions or dash into you a bunch, but good god are they intense. Trying to dodge a ton of projectiles while spamming your potion hotkeys and trying to somehow hit most of your own attacks during all of this madness.

It's just so much freaking fun.

For example, my friends and I got to Hell and there are these chests down there that you can't open because they're Locked. You need to find Keys to open them in the Dungeon, which is this giant stone labyrinth where everything kills you super easily. To get access to the dungeon, you need to defeat Skeletron, this giant floating Skeleton baby head with two weird wobbly arms designed after one of those Halloween decorations.

Now, I've got pretty alright gear, I have a laser pistol and I'm only dying once every ten minutes in Hell, so I'm feeling pretty confident. I head up to the dungeon, setup an arena that'll let me dodge some of his attacks, and spawn the boss.

Skeletron fucking annihilates me instantly, his arms are so weird and floaty, I can't dodge shit and I die.

So I respawn, and now my sole purpose in life is to kill some second grade wall decorations.

I mine a bunch, make some better armor, learn how to make potions, make a ton of potions, kill a Bee and make a gun out of her butt that spawns baby bees, get some dope looking cosmetics, and come back for round two.

I fire up that one Guitar Hero song everyone knows, and let me tell you, this shit was probably the most intense Boss Fight of my life. This time I can kind of dodge his attacks, can outrun him a bit and I have better defense so each hit does slightly less horrific damage. It's touch and go, in and out, but I'm making progress. I've got to run as fast as my little booties can take me while shooting behind and then jumping over the entire freaking skeleton head to try and get behind him so I can repeat the process. I finally manage to take his arms down when, surprise, this guy turns into a super fast Skeleton head who twirls around like a ballerina and fires tiny homing skulls at you! Fun!

It gets down to the wire, the music is blaring, my small army of Bees is chasing him and he goes dowwwwwn. I fucking cheered after killing this guy too, I'm not a very emotive guy but this fight was so satisfying I was fist pumping and shit at 2 am trying not to wake anyone up.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The gaming related ANTI-ventilation thread. - by Arjahn - 07-05-2018, 01:42 AM