Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Bethesda is BS
A few issues have been addressed regarding the creation club, but only a few: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXBy5cTAALk&t=0s

What's good to know is that no longer will PC versions of Fallout 4 or Skyrim be forced to download all the files regarding creation club content. Bethesda also said they are working on a fix for that for console versions, which is great and fiar enough, but then question remains, why was that part of creation club in the first place? There's something to be said about releasing content in such a way that it's basically on disk DLC, and that issue should have been ironed out before creation club was even launched, unless of course they thought that no one would mind because it's Bethesda which is inexcusable. They also addressed a bug where the files would show up at random orders and are working to fix it.

What they did not do was still give us a clear reason to give a damn about anything in creation club currently. They claim they are not restricting creation club content to .esl files which if you remember were restricted to 4096 records. They will also use .esm files since .esp files would turn off achievements, but what bothers me all the same here and YoungYea says it in the video I linked, is how much would they charge for these larger expansions or mini dlc's when the current power armor that costs 500 credits or about $3.65-$5.35 U.S. currency depending on which set of credits you purchase. Imagine a mini dlc that lasts about as long the Atamatron dlc that was only a few hours long costing about 2000 credits as an estimate. At the cheapest that expansion would cost $14.60 and the most expensive would be $21.40 U.S. currency. That is just an estimate and I think is pretty generous considering how much they are charging for just a suit of armor.

When it comes to why we should treat Creation Club as different than free mods, Bethesda refused to change their tone about that, reiterating their statement, albeit more wordy than before, about how it goes through their process of testing and all of that, completely missing the major complaint people have against the creation club. Also their defense of using old content from other games is laughable at best since they seem to refuse to comment on their statement off the official creation club website about all content being new. It's also safe to say we'll see more content of a similar nature since they seem to have no problem with it and are intending to release new content to creation club monthly, which may or may not cause more complaints as time goes on.

Overall, they've done one thing right that I can tell. The bug about things appearing out of order feels to me like something to mention simply to make it seem like they are working on more than they are. It's a bug, you'll fix it, we get it, it's what you do, fix your buggy games. It's also nice to see they are fixing the whole thing about an update downloading all of the current creation club content, but again this shouldn't have been an issue in the first place. Bethesda has dug themselves into a large hole, and as far as I'm concerned, they still have a long way to go to dig themselves out.

Messages In This Thread
Bethesda is BS - by RepentantSky - 09-02-2017, 01:10 PM
RE: Bethesda is BS - by Psychospacecow - 09-02-2017, 01:30 PM
RE: Bethesda is BS - by RepentantSky - 09-03-2017, 06:32 AM
RE: Bethesda is BS - by Psychospacecow - 09-03-2017, 12:42 PM
RE: Bethesda is BS - by SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 09-03-2017, 04:32 PM
RE: Bethesda is BS - by RepentantSky - 09-03-2017, 03:52 PM
RE: Bethesda is BS - by CLXcool - 09-05-2017, 07:16 PM
RE: Bethesda is BS - by RepentantSky - 09-06-2017, 02:17 PM
RE: Bethesda is BS - by RepentantSky - 09-15-2017, 04:10 PM
RE: Bethesda is BS - by Psychospacecow - 09-15-2017, 10:05 PM
RE: Bethesda is BS - by RepentantSky - 09-27-2017, 09:26 PM