Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Xbox Emulation is an actual thing now.
(03-05-2018, 06:46 PM)Colossus Wrote:
(03-04-2018, 10:30 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBUPtoF9ImY

Thought I'd share since this came outta nowhere, but has been a thing in development for a few months now.

This would be friken amazing if the xbox wasn't super easy to soft mod and put games on a disk. But it's also super easy to record gameplay and streaming on the other hand.

While I totally agree that often it is very easy to pirate games on the actual hardware, and I don't really give a shit about making games look nicer via emulation, emulators can be very good at making games play better.

Take for example, Ocarina of Time. The game is severely hindered by the N64, to the point that it's max FPS is 20. Playing the game @ 60FPS with a Gamecube controller on Dolphin is like night and day.

SNES emulators have removed Super FX lag, making games like Starfox actually playable, and allowing mouse and keyboard for console only games (for example, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Timesplitters, or even Metroid Prime) can offer a new experience, and in the case of the first three, make them way more fun to play (imo).

I'm curious to see where this emulator can go considering how difficult Xbox emulation is.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Xbox Emulation is an actual thing now. - by Takahashi2212 - 03-06-2018, 08:03 PM