Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
What is it with everyone hating/losing interest on Sega?
(05-05-2013, 06:51 AM)Ouberry_13 Wrote: ^You know, while most of the Sonic games from the past decade or so haven't been very good, at least SEGA is doing something other than the basic formula. Look at Mario. When was the last time Nintendo tried something new or fresh with him? At the very least, SEGA deserves some kind of praise for doing that much.

Also, as a side note, the reason I still like SEGA nowadays is because they made that deal with Platinum to publish their games for the next however many years.

Very much true and I agree. I do think it's great SEGA try new stuff but they often miss the mark with their new ideas. Sonic Colours is a great game and the only reason I didn't like the Jellyfish is because it didn't feel right for me, but I don't consider it to be a problem with the game. Compared to weird(and bad) games like Sonic and The Black Knight just makes me shake my head. That's not all recent Sonic games. Like I said Generations was incredible, Sonic 4 Episode 1 and 2 were pretty good, Sonic Rush (and Adventure) are worth checking out.

(05-05-2013, 09:25 AM)Enderwoman Wrote: I know that, but when its your last leg THEN theres a problem. Sega's become one of the companies afraid to try new things. And like I said earlier, when they do they don't promote it much.
Not entirely true. SEGA have been constantly trying out new ideas.
Bayonetta, Binary Domain, Mad World, Vanquish, House of the Dead: Overkill, Sonic and Sega Racing, Anarchy Reigns and some others.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is it with everyone hating/losing interest on Sega? - by BumblebeeCody - 05-05-2013, 09:57 AM