Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
What is it with everyone hating/losing interest on Sega?
People never stop complaining about Sonic when they should just stop playing it or take it for what it's worth (4 Episode 2 and Generations are fine), and the US market's sinkhole for stuff like Valkyria Chronicles not being a western mega-hit is blamed on internal development instead of marketing and changing tastes.

Recently they soured some fan relations by flagging all Shining Force related videos on youtube in order to control what information was available and prep for their latest release.

I'm more of an old Sega (gen, saturn & dreamcast) fan than new... but I love that they don't dick around or price gouge when it comes to emulation, compilations and collections... and I loved Shining Force EXA on PS2 to death. No one else did afaik and people are more concerned with tradition and talking about SFIII as a collectible and unfinished trilogy instead.

I'm also waiting for Phantasy Star Online 2's Vita release to be legit confirmed and released for US... scared it won't in the wake of last year's financial woes and this year's Aliens debacle.

They, like every company in the last 5 years, was enticed by gaming media to chase westen audience fool's gold and now they're in a position where all they can do is milk Sonic to survive and recover from the stupidity of Aliens. Should have stuck with real games.

Really they're just stuck in the middle imo a bad place to be right now.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is it with everyone hating/losing interest on Sega? - by 2D Brain - 04-28-2013, 06:08 PM