Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)
The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread
(07-12-2013, 11:02 AM)MexicanAnime Wrote:
(07-12-2013, 10:51 AM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: I will never get why everyone wants Olimar in the game. I can say that I can think of dumber characters to put in. At lest they did not put in balloon fighter or exitebike like they wanted. The only other bizarre character I wont back in is ROB.

>Saying no bizarre characters
>Smash

Olimar is ridiculously fun as controlling the variety of Pikmin at your disposable is satisfying with the number of combos you can pull off with him. He can be quite the prick when you're trying to run away or charge for a certain attack as well, which I love about him as you gradually build damage on your enemy more and more and more and more and then bam! You bust out the pimp purple pikmin and knock them out of the screen.

Also, the Pikmin are cute as fuck.

There are many bizarre fighters in the series. I believe that we have talked about this before. There are two types of fighters. The ones that make sense in a fighting game (Mario, Link, Kirby, Samus, Megaman) and those that you question why they were picked (Olimar, Villager, Wii Fit trainer, ROB). The latter would be difficult since you would need to make up move sets that make since for the character. Link can use a lot of moves from his games. Same with Mario, and Pit, and even Megaman. What can Olimar do in his game? Headbutt, call pikmin, and throw pikmin. Even if you looked at the guy and thought "we need him in a fighting game" you need to make up most of his moves. You can say the same thing about Fox and Captain Falcon, but at lest you have back story for both of them to base their moves off.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread - by gamemaster1991 - 07-12-2013, 12:12 PM