Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 25 Guest(s)
The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread
(04-17-2014, 09:14 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: Okay so she may not have been a mascot, but Game Freak has stated that Purin was thier favorite Pokémon, in terms of both anime and video game appearances. Still you have a point with Pichu, whch still confuses me to this day of why it was added.

I'm going to state that I have no idea about pokemon past Ruby and what I do know is what you guys and/or my brother has told me. All I know is that he is a starter and thats it. The way I see it, people who know who he is are like "Oh cool! A top teir pokemon that makes since to put in the game." while people who know very little/nothing about X/Y are like "Ok. That's nice. Where's Mr. Game-And-Watch?". I don't mean to be a stick in the mud, but I feel more exited about Sheak, ZSS, and Yoshi more than I do ANOTHER new pokemon. I think it would be better if he was only in the 3DS version and have another character for WiiU.

Pichu was added into Melee for the same reason Minus/Plusle, Dedenne, and other electric rodents are introduced each generation. This goes back to Pikachu being incredibly popular, and they wanted to capitalize it with Pichu, which proved to be a pain considering Pichu is one of the worst Smash character's out there.

That's fine if you're excited for those characters returning, though I find it silly for people to go "There's four Pokemon now, it's already too many!" when there's already the same amount for Legend of Zelda (Link, Zelda, Toon Link, Shiek) and even probably more so for Mario. Going off these three series, I'm more content with the Pokemon pool due to the fact that they all play differently enough from each other (As for Zelda, Link and Toon Link are incredibly similiar with Mario and Luigi being close for Mario).

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread - by MexicanAnime - 04-17-2014, 11:19 PM