Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 16 Guest(s)
The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread
(04-17-2014, 10:46 PM)G-Haven Wrote: So who's the grass pokemon going to be to balance that out?

I'm assumeing that they are going to use a full grown pokemon, and the only one that makes since to use (to me, ya'll will most like dissagree with me using more of the stats I don't understand/care about) would be Sceptile. This is due to how popular in the anime Treeco was, which, by the logic of the pokemon fans (see Jigglypuff, Lucario, Pichu, and Pikachu) must mean he's going to be in the game.

(04-17-2014, 11:19 PM)MexicanAnime Wrote: Pichu was added into Melee for the same reason Minus/Plusle, Dedenne, and other electric rodents are introduced each generation. This goes back to Pikachu being incredibly popular, and they wanted to capitalize it with Pichu, which proved to be a pain considering Pichu is one of the worst Smash character's out there.

That's fine if you're excited for those characters returning, though I find it silly for people to go "There's four Pokemon now, it's already too many!" when there's already the same amount for Legend of Zelda (Link, Zelda, Toon Link, Shiek) and even probably more so for Mario. Going off these three series, I'm more content with the Pokemon pool due to the fact that they all play differently enough from each other (As for Zelda, Link and Toon Link are incredibly similiar with Mario and Luigi being close for Mario).

Pichu was also added becuse of the Pichu Brothers shorts that were popular at the time. I also hate the fact that they want to capulize on the popular desines and people fall for them.

As for your remark on "too many pokemon," we know that there are going to be one or two more and that seems like a little too much to me. I never said that the Mario charicters were not over blown, which they are (there like what, 8 of them now) but you can imagin that the mascot for Nintendo is going to have the most. Sakrui has said that he would add many Kirby characters to the game but he wont to keep it fair for people. So having 7 Mario Characters versus the 4-5 Zelda or 3 Kirby is fair (in a "Nintendo fans love Mario" kinda way). Having 3 or 4 characters is enough for one series, but we know that Jigglypuff is going to be in the game, just like C. Falcon and Ness are going to be in the game.

Edit: I just raised that Zelda is going to have 5 charicters if they put in Ganon. Kinda talked myself in a coner with that one. I'll be quiet now.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread - by gamemaster1991 - 04-17-2014, 11:26 PM