Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)
The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread
(06-16-2014, 07:46 PM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote: Same here, I really enjoyed unlocking all the characters. Of course, the solution back with melee is simply bring a memory card with everything already unlocked.

Maybe if Nintendo would do something nice, like give a special access code to unlock all characters specifically given to organizers of large tournaments...
Wait, what am I saying? Nintendo never does anything nice for the professional fighting game community unless it's large advertising for them (see SSB4 tournament before release date).

Not necessarily. Nintendo have been very supportive of the Melee scene and over the last 2 years especially, have given the community a lot of attention to even making giving them the invitational spots (aMSa, MilkyTea etc). Not only last year did Nintendo decided that letting EVO support but they also ednorsed it and that was after the backlash of Melee possibly not being in EVO 2013s lineup.

(06-16-2014, 09:55 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote:
(06-16-2014, 09:22 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote: Are you sure? I thought that characters like Toon Link and Star Wolf could only be entered through portals that show up after clearing certain Subspace stages once. They were the characters I had no idea how to get.

You can unlock Toon Link by playing 400 vs matches, finishing classic mode, or by finding him in the forest level of Subspace.

Wolf can be unlocked by playing 450 matches, completing the Boss Battles with Fox or Falco, or finding him in the ruins.

Jigglypuff is unlocked by doing just about anything or finding her in the river.

Going back to your statement, yes finding them is hard, but I think most people would not be able figured out how to get most of the characters naturally without looking them up.

But if you're running a tournament, that's just tedious. Even if you're not running at tournament and playing at your local scene it's just as annoying. This isn't the 90's anymore where it's a secret but it's a fundamental part of the metagame that's going to be played for many years to come. May as well just give us the versus characters straight away. As Skullgirls has shown, there could be a comprise between both in that you can unlock them right away or let people play through.

I also hate to be "that one guy" but Sub Space Emissary wasn't even the slightest bit fun. Bosses and Cutscenes were all that it had going for it. The rest was pointless and I don't feel like doing the same again in SSB4 just for one character.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread - by BumblebeeCody - 06-17-2014, 09:18 AM