Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 23 Guest(s)
The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread
(06-17-2014, 09:18 AM)BumblebeeCody Wrote: But if you're running a tournament, that's just tedious. Even if you're not running at tournament and playing at your local scene it's just as annoying. This isn't the 90's anymore where it's a secret but it's a fundamental part of the metagame that's going to be played for many years to come. May as well just give us the versus characters straight away. As Skullgirls has shown, there could be a comprise between both in that you can unlock them right away or let people play through.

I also hate to be "that one guy" but Sub Space Emissary wasn't even the slightest bit fun. Bosses and Cutscenes were all that it had going for it. The rest was pointless and I don't feel like doing the same again in SSB4 just for one character.

You forget who is (partly) making the game. Nintendo (okay HAL labs but Nintendo is over seeing it I guess) has been running on the same game mechanics ever since the late 80's/early 90's. If Mario Kart can have unlockable characters since Wii, I think SSB4 can have it as well. At lest we can say that unlocking them will be more interesting than "complete all races and you unlock them all," which is almost not worth it if you do that. I also don't get the problem with unlocking them for a tournament. If you want to make sure that the game is perfect for a tournament, you have to play it for a while, which would be the best time to unlock them. Another thing that you could do is take some dude's personal game save and use that, as it will have the charicters unlocked. Unlocking them is tedious, but if I have learned anything from the internet and this forum, within the first 48 hours of the games launch, about 20 people are going to have everything in the game done with.

Subspace was kinda crap gameplay wise, but I find it alot more fun than Adventure mode in Melee. Actually I find almost everything in Brawl better then Melee.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread - by gamemaster1991 - 06-17-2014, 10:43 AM