Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 18 Guest(s)
The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread
(06-17-2014, 12:17 PM)Zaliphone Wrote:
(06-17-2014, 10:43 AM)gamemaster1991 Wrote:
(06-17-2014, 09:18 AM)BumblebeeCody Wrote: But if you're running a tournament, that's just tedious. Even if you're not running at tournament and playing at your local scene it's just as annoying. This isn't the 90's anymore where it's a secret but it's a fundamental part of the metagame that's going to be played for many years to come. May as well just give us the versus characters straight away. As Skullgirls has shown, there could be a comprise between both in that you can unlock them right away or let people play through.

I also hate to be "that one guy" but Sub Space Emissary wasn't even the slightest bit fun. Bosses and Cutscenes were all that it had going for it. The rest was pointless and I don't feel like doing the same again in SSB4 just for one character.

If Mario Kart can have unlockable characters since Wii, I think SSB4 can have it as well.

The problem with this is that the characters in Smash are all different and play differently and what character you play as makes a big difference. In Mario Kart the characters make little difference, only what type of kart you can choose.

Mario Kart characters have different stats. One character that can drift good is going to take turns better than one that can go really fast. Saying it really does not mater what racer you choose in Mario Kart would be like saying it does not matter what fighter you pick in Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, or Super Smash Bros. Picking Koopa over Mario in MK is just like picking Koopa over Mario in SSB.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread - by gamemaster1991 - 06-17-2014, 12:49 PM