Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)
The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread
(06-17-2014, 05:12 PM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote: Here's the thing:
Points 1 and 3 really helped build hype for SSB4, and we all know that Nintendo is king of advertising. That's nearly free advertising in each case, especially since today's game market deals with youtube, twitch and every post online driving sales higher.
Second thing: Note past sales. 32% of gamecube owners bought Super Smash Bros Melee. 12% of Wii owners bought Brawl. (These are quick calculations based on sales of consoles and games). Brawl sold better overall, but just because the Wii sold so many units. Better physics, less cartoony stuff=awesome sales in Smash Bros. Nintendo is looking at that also. Brawl was panned. They're changing it, not because of love of competitive gaming, but friending up a little will help sales.
That may make me love SSB4 more than Brawl in the end, but I don't buy it one bit that Nintendo is shifting their policy ever so slightly for any other reason than cash. The entire thing so far just screams the most brilliant marketing maneuver Nintendo has ever pulled off, not catering to the fighting market. It just so happens a change in some policy will help there.
Personally I think this game will much better than Brawl but it won't be better than Melee. The speed of the game seems to be a lightly faster Brawl. Dunno.

(06-17-2014, 05:24 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: My last point for SSB chariters. Everyone is going to play as Fox, so why care about the tornament scene? I'll be playing as Pac-man, Megaman, and Sonic, even if they need to be unlocked. I just hope I don't get board with the game like I did Melee.

Because not everyone does play as Fox. Marth is an unlockable and yet one of the best. Even if we don't talk about the tournament scene (which is important since even Nintendo are backing it) it's just silly to have system still in place in the year 2014. It's bad game design at this point.

Also: CEO 2014 is hype.
Watch here
http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread - by BumblebeeCody - 06-28-2014, 03:05 PM