Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 15 Guest(s)
The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread
(08-03-2014, 03:48 PM)Skarro Wrote: I didn't wanna support this off topic nonsense but Super mario 64 --> Galaxy or Super Mario Bros ---> New Mario Bros U are just as big of a gap, if not bigger then any Rayman to any other Rayman. Your statements are ridiculous. New luigi U is DLC btw of course it's the same.

Rayman is great. But it's no Mario. Best Rayman also doesn't beat Best Sonic. Though I'll admit the average Rayman destroys the Average Sonic.

edit: Also, The New Mario Bros games are very much alike, but it's about perfecting the physics more then artstyles or gimmicky features which is all you seem to be capable of noticing "game master". New Mario Bros U is easily the best gameplay in a 2d platformer ever. And sadly most will never know due to the sales of the Wii U.

I'll admit most of what everyone has said are indeed our own opinions, but these statements really seem to come from someone who is extremely biased.

Too many Mario games are just the same formula: Peach gets caught, you go through levels that look nearly identical to each other with pipes, power-ups, blocks, Bullet Bills and Koopas. Eventually you get to the Princess and get a very lackluster "Thanks for saving me!" cut scene. If you collected all the coins, you access special levels that you get no reward for beating.

Mario games were fun when I first played them, but it gets old when you really don't introduce much if anything that is new. That's pretty lame if all these years later they're still "perfecting" what they've been doing for ages.

I need you to actually go into detail about what's so great about Sonic for it to beat Rayman, especially if you're not talking about the 2D games. When Sonic moved to 3D the games got crazy buggy, have terrible cameras, and the level designs are just "meh". Everyone raves about Sonic Adventure 2, which I actually do like quite a bit, but you're a liar if you claim you liked most of the jewel hunting levels. None of the levels are even slightly as fun as City Escape at the beginning.

The only recent Sonic game that I've seen a general consensus on that it was good is Generations. The problem is, if you don't care about collectibles, this game is done in day.

Rabbids was an unfortunate detour, as I said, but Rayman 1-3, Origins, and Legends are games that can't be missed. Rayman 2 is absolutely one of the best games of all time that Sonic and Mario can't even hope to touch. Its music, level design, characters, story, everything was thought out and expertly implemented. Look at how many systems this game has come out on, most recently the 3DS. There's a reason that it keeps getting re-introduced as physical copies and not downloads. People still want to play it and are willing to dish out the cash.

Origins seemed like a bit of an experiment to see if people would still buy Rayman, and they really put tons of effort into Legends when they did. These levels actually make the "gotta go fast!" theme fun. It never feels frustrating or like a chore, even when it's challenging. The Daily Challenges was a brilliant idea to keep players hooked.

I know this is just going to end up being a pissing match of opinions, but I genuinely feel that Rayman doesn't get the credit that it deserves. A lot of love goes into the core series and isn't used as just a cash cow like Sonic or Mario. You'll never see a Rayman game that plays like Sonic '06, that's for damn sure.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread - by Hexadecimal - 08-03-2014, 04:42 PM