Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 17 Guest(s)
The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread
(08-03-2014, 04:20 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: If your going to release DLC, release DLC, not a phisacl copy of of the same game with new paint. Mario Galaxy 2 is DLC and so is Luigi U, but insted of downloading the extra content, you had to buy a brand new game disc (and yes I know Luigi U was DLC first but that does not change the fact that they made it a buyable game later). I can't stand the Lost Levels because it's just DLC that you had to buy, but It HAD a reason because it was released before DLC was a thing.

There are a few things to consider
1) Nintendo during the Wii console period didn't have the online infrastructure to allow for DLC. Heck, the only way to patch Metroid: Other M or Skyward Sword was to send your save away on an SD card or download a channel to patch your save. So the only way Mario Galaxy 2 would ever have come out is through physical copies.
1a) Also the Wii doesn't have the hard drive space to support such a large add-on.
2) Not everyone has the Internet to download the DLC so an option needs to be there (physical copies)
3) Not everyone who does have Internet will have a fast enough download speed
4) Not everyone who does have the Internet may has space on their hard drive for more content.

I generally agree with how lazy a lot DLC is today but because of how behind Nintendo is, they kinda have make these options available. You'd be surprised how many didn't even know the Wii (or Wii U) had/has online capabilities.

(08-13-2014, 03:17 AM)JiraiyaSennin Wrote: Meta Knight has now been confirmed!

[Image: GOVjKn2.png]

One of his moves has been changed a bit too.

[Image: 6yTkebh.png]

Banned from EVO 2015

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread - by BumblebeeCody - 08-13-2014, 09:15 AM