Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 24 Guest(s)
The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread
(09-22-2014, 04:14 AM)RepentantSky Wrote: Just a thought but I do wish people could have a conversation about Smash without instantly taking it Melee. Yes, it was fun, but there isn't going to be another Melee. It's not nerfing if most of the other characters match. There will be bad match up but that goes for anyone. Melee happened, but it's time to move on already.

Yeah but:
[Image: iod9lCISQ4IbF.gif]

(09-22-2014, 02:10 PM)RepentantSky Wrote: That would be fine if people didn't always start with "I wish this game was like Melee" or "I want my L-cancel"
The thing is, a lot of people who play Smash have no idea what L-cancels or Wavedashing even is. To them, they just play Smash for fun, which is perfectly fine. But for those who a looking to take the game indepth and learn all these tactics, they should also be catered for as like it or not, they are a considerable amount of the player base. So much so that they're the one who are keeping the game a live an incredible 12 years on while all the casuals left many years ago.

Surprisingly the reception for the new Smash has been pretty positive. I'm personally not liking the new changes but again, that's from a competitive stand point. That doesn't at all mean the game is bad but I do feel the game is half-arsed. Re-using models, basically up scaling characters and hardly any additions over the previous game.

Lastly you have to understand too, Melee really was a frikkin' damn good. Nintendo and Hal Labs really outdid themselves on that. I'd liken it to how people still have a little masturbation session over how good Final Fantasy VII is or how Sonic 2 is god like and everything after them sucked. It's nothing to really get worked up about. It shouldn't hinder your own enjoyment of a game.

Also, I hated tripping.
Edit: The term "gamers" is a huge generalisation and can't really be used when making a point.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread - by BumblebeeCody - 09-22-2014, 02:58 PM