Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 17 Guest(s)
The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread
(10-12-2014, 03:14 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:
(10-12-2014, 10:26 AM)Carlos Wrote: So, from what people are saying, people here seem to be thinking Super Smash Bros 4 isn't that good... It got lots of hype, but when it came out it looked like a cheesy pancake.

I'm in the that group. There's multiple reasons why.
1. I honestly don't see Nintendo/HAL Labs going back to being fun about competition. Fair enough Nintendo go their shit together and didn't screw everyone over a EVO, but also hosting their own tournament. But in terms of mechanics, there's so much questionnable BS in the new Smash(and other games) that I can't find myself liking. Smash Bros 4 in particular has vectoring and rage. Not really into the anti-tech Nintendo are trying to do. That being said, Omega stage and For Glory are easily the best new additions.

2. Since I first saw it, it just seems like Brawl.5. After playing it both for fun and competitively, it pretty much is that. The characters models are clearly reused from Brawl, the entire roster is Brawl with only a few new additions and the modes themselves feeling lacking. It doesn't have the hype or interest that even Brawl had.

3.  It's on the 3DS so that version of the game will be completely irrelevant by the time the Wii U comes out. In all honesty, is anyone going to be willing to play Smash Bros on 3DS?
(On the topic of 3) To make matter worse, the 3DS version limited the Wii U version.

I don't hate it(not by a long shot), but man I'm really not missing out on anything by not playing it. I'll buy it day 1 on the Wii U but I might just be spoiled by Project M. 

(Also, broken stuff is broken).

(10-12-2014, 01:21 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: 10/10 would still recommend. Best handheld smash game ever.

Isn't it the only Smash game ever?

Yes. That is my point. Even if you have both, there are justifications for both, being that they're separate platforms.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread - by Psychospacecow - 10-12-2014, 03:30 PM