Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 19 Guest(s)
The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread
Personally, I am not a fan of vectoring, but we'll all learn to deal with it.
Also absolutely hate the new ledge grab mechanics, as you can no longer force someone to not grab the ledge by staying on the ledge. I guess we'll see more intense back and N airs to prevent recovery instead (or Little Mac just bapping people to death. That's what I'm calling that move.)
Chain grabs being out was a massive irk to me. However, that might be a premature call. True chain grabs are gone for sure, but new techs are being discovered that put back in a new form of chain grabbing involving grab to up arial to grab again. So far it's been found to work with Sheik, I'm sure more will be discovered soon.

This video does a good job of explaining the basics of this tech. To put it simply, after a grab, there is a 1 second timer that prevents you from grabbing that character a second time in Smash 4. This mechanic as added to prevent chain grabs. But certain attacks can lock and spike a character in place long enough to get a second grab in immediately. So far, Sheik's up air works.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread - by CosmykTheDolfyn - 10-17-2014, 04:20 PM