Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)
The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread
(12-01-2014, 11:48 AM)JiraiyaSennin Wrote: I feel far diifferently, it's my favorite Smash so far. I love all of the new modes and the changes to the old modes, every character is fun to play with, the online has actually been far better than I expected. I love every  single little detail about this game.

Indeed. For a free online service it's actually (competitively(almost)) accurate. You can feel the few frames of delay and oddly whiffing moves but it's generally not something that bothers me too much. 

See for me, I play fighting games a lot. So when I see a game like SF4. I take the game as is. I then see the update a year later; SSFIV, and then learn that game with it's new tweaks. What I find disappointing about Sm4sh is that it's been 6 years and all we have are the same Brawl models just in HD. We have the same Final Smashes, the same character roster, same reused stages and overall is a poor-mans competitive Brawl. It took 6 years to make a very small amount of changes with new characters and UI whereas other games did it in a few months. 
I know there are a few things to factor in such as the console it's on, the development time but I was expecting this game to be a big departure from Brawl. But it really is just Brawl in HD with new characters. The UI is superficial.

In terms of mechanics, no wave dashing is a problem and vectoring/alternate DI is just meh. It's unnecessary. 

I am trying to look at this game on it's own merits but when you play a version of Brawl like Project M 3.5 you really do realise who good the game can be. Playing Ike in Brawl was fun, but Project M really made Ike even more fun to play. Faster A combo. Up-B had a fair nerf where he could be hit out of Up-B (OOOHLAAAAAH Move). But playing Sm4sh I can throw that out and not care about damage. 

As I said I before I'm looking at the game different to others those. To a point where 26 frames of landing lag can (for me) make or break a character(see Captain Falcon).

I love Little Mac though. He makes this game worth playing.

*If you enjoy the game, that's perfectly fine. This is just my opinion on it. I'm giving it a chance too. Going to tournaments, playing with a GC controller, have Amiibos for it and now uploading playing it though. Am trying to be fair to it. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread - by BumblebeeCody - 12-01-2014, 05:03 PM