Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
The Song of Healing. Probably one of the best examples of good video game music ever made. If you've played The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, you'll know what I'm on about. The fact it's so eerie and depressing, yet fills you with suspense is exactly why it's so good. But, if you listen to the ocarina version of the Song of Healing, you'll find that it is actually just the ocarina version of Saria's Song inverted. I'm not saying that Koji Kondo is unoriginal, but it strengthens the link between the Lost Woods in Ocarina of Time and the Skull Kid in Majora's Mask.
This is something I have been thinking over for a long time, but never really knew if it was correct or not. I was told it was backwards and slowed down, but I don't hear it. Here is some comparisons.

Saira's song Backwards and slowed down.

Song of Healing
To me it might just be a big coincidence, I mean there isn't much you can do with 5 notes on an Ocarina.
Isn't it intentional and common knowledge?
Ok, I came cross something that may or may not be true and I want everyone's opinion on this. Since we are on the topic of songs, I found this song from the Music Box House in Ikana Canyon.

One of my friends have told me that this is the same song from Big Boo's Mary-Go-Round from Mario 64, but sped up.

I kinda hear it but is it really the same song?
It isn't the same notes, no. It's just synthesized accordion notes, which in themselves are quite similar to hear. It's like comparing one thrash metal guitar riff to another. Merry-go-rounds have a typical style of music to them which use a similar rhythm, which would be to say that these sounds like any other merry-go-round tunes.
Thanks for helping. These types of facts can be really hard to prove. For those who don't know, If two things sound even a little bit close, your brain fills in the rest to make it sound the same. You can never be too save when it comes to these facts.