Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Opinion on Girl Gamers
(08-02-2013, 01:05 AM)PheonixGRX Wrote: 1) Are you male or female?
Insert witty comment saying I'm a guy
2) How often do you play video games?
Everyday
2-2) What genre of games do you prefer to play?
Eh, anything from FPS, to RPGs. I like them all
2-3) Within this time, how much of this is spent on online games? (if none, skip to 5)
Probably several hours
3) Within online games, do you prefer to choose a character based on your gender, or the opposite gender, and why? (if you only play as male, skip to question 4)
It depends, in some source based games female characters have a smaller hit box, for example. Left 4 Dead 2. Zoey has a much smaller hit box than Francis would, so I would usually play as Zoey to avoid friendly fire incidents. However, I only ever play as a female character for gameplay reasons (different options in Fallout, Mass Effect etc.)

3-2) When playing as a female, do you use your characters gender to try to get freebies from other players?
No, but I could if I wanted to

4) When playing online games, do you treat female characters differently to male characters? If so, then why? (anywhere from giving them freebies to killing them for playing a 'guys game'. This includes being kinder to new players)
No, I'm not a dick

4-2) What is your general response to females in games that try to use their gender or sexuality for items/equipment/money?
Bitches and Whores, man. I hate women who manipulate people in doing anything. Especially online, it's actually cringe worthy to see people fall for it

5) What is your general thought when hearing the term 'Girl Gamer' or 'Gamer Girl'?
I think of some casual facebook Iphone user who thinks that because they played Pokemon when they were 8, and now play Angry Birds, and Call of Duty, they think they're gamers

6) How many female gamers do you know? (if 0, skip to question 7)
Only a few in real life, they fit into the bad girl gamer category. The ones I know online fit into the good girl gamer category (where they just act normal)

6-2) Of the female gamers you know, including yourself if you are a girl, what majority are casual gamers? (social games, iphone games, etc)
[b]A lot, probably the majority of Girl Gamers are like that, just to get attention.

7) Do you think that casual gamers are real gamers, or not?
No. If they do nothing but play Iphone games, and nothing else. I can't call them a gamer, maybe if they had an Xbox or something, and played some games other than Call of Duty and Fifa, they may be.

8) Do you think there should be a market of games designed for girls only, or should it continue to be a unisex genre?
Nah, the feminists would shout some bullshit about oppression, and it would end horribly. Besides, there isn't a need for it anyway. It's been unisex for a while, and there isn't a need to change it

9) Within games, what is your opinion on the sexualization of female characters? (from skimpy outfits to constant flirting with males (e.g. Mass Effect))
I don't mind it. I don't really take notice of it, unless it's for the games purpose (Bayonetta, Catherine) but it's nothing horrible. It's not like it's making women seem like they're the reason for wars or something shit.

9-2) Using the above as an example, what do you think could be done to fix this?
I guess down toning it maybe. I don't see it as a problem anyway. They're not going around with no clothes on asking people for sex.

10) If you have anything else to add, please do so here as it will help the research data. [/b]

Messages In This Thread
Opinion on Girl Gamers - by PheonixGRX - 08-02-2013, 01:05 AM
RE: Opinion on Girl Gamers - by BumblebeeCody - 08-02-2013, 05:35 AM
RE: Opinion on Girl Gamers - by PheonixGRX - 08-02-2013, 05:43 AM
RE: Opinion on Girl Gamers - by Beware of Cuccos - 08-02-2013, 08:36 AM
RE: Opinion on Girl Gamers - by Mass Distraction - 08-02-2013, 08:52 AM
RE: Opinion on Girl Gamers - by ThisGuyInTheSuit - 08-02-2013, 09:12 AM
RE: Opinion on Girl Gamers - by Arjahn - 08-02-2013, 11:04 AM
RE: Opinion on Girl Gamers - by Psychospacecow - 08-02-2013, 11:05 AM
RE: Opinion on Girl Gamers - by gamemaster1991 - 08-02-2013, 11:42 AM
RE: Opinion on Girl Gamers - by Xannidel - 08-02-2013, 01:12 PM
RE: Opinion on Girl Gamers - by CosmykTheDolfyn - 08-02-2013, 01:56 PM