Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Breaking Bad Season 5b discussion *SPOILERS*
I'M IN HARDCORE FAN THEORY MODE RIGHT NOW GUYS
Ok, I think that, with the series's love of Foreshadowing and all, maybe Badger's Star Trek script was more than just comic relief. I mean, they spent a ton of time on it during the actual episode, morseo than any other joke from the show that I can think of. For one, Badger makes a point to note to change the type of pie to BLUEberry pie. Walter's meth is also referred to as 'the blue stuff'. I think at this point we're clued in to the relation to the plot. They're eating it up as quickly as the replicator can make it: What if this refers to their pursuit of 'the blue stuff'? Also, we see Chekov (Walt) trying to get the blue stuff out of his body, could this represent him trying to get meth out of his life?
Thirdly, Chekhov's Gun = Chekhov's Guts. It's a plot rule that's basically the idea that, in a story, you shouldn't talk about a gun hanging on the mantle unless you're going to fire it later on in the story. Same goes for this. Why would they introduce something silly like this, spending so much time on it, if it wasn't going to be important later?
Possibly, the three are competing. Spock represents Jesse, said to be skinny as a rail, while Kirk represents Hank, said to be having 'room to spare'. Walt is Chekov, said to be having a ton of money riding on the result, showing Walt's pursuit of the greenbacks. Not to mention, in the end Chekov is said to bleed from the mouth.. Something Walt does all too often thanks to his cancer.
Also, during the scene itself, when Badger says Kirk gets sick and leaves, JESSE GETS UP, just as Kirk does.

I dunno, I'm probably just stretching stupidly far, but it's fun to think about nonetheless. Plus, if it turns out I'm right, I'm going to comeback with the biggest "I TOLDJA SO" in Vgfacts history.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Breaking Bad Season 5b discussion *SPOILERS* - by Arjahn - 08-15-2013, 10:43 PM