Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Poll: Do video games need extreme content?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
YES
33.33%
3 33.33%
NO
66.67%
6 66.67%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Do video games need extreme content?
(09-16-2013, 11:50 AM)Artwark Wrote: Games like Grand Theft Auto V or Battlefield give you the reality experience that you could easily do in reality. Stealing cars is something you can do and get caught for it. Being a soldier is something you can do to serve your country.
In the same what they playing Phoenix Wright makes gives you good experience in becoming a lawyer?

(09-16-2013, 11:50 AM)Artwark Wrote: My point is, if at all we should have games that should look real just for the sake of saying next gen thing, why must games come to numerous amount of controversies? You can say anything you want about how Nintendo sometimes allows mature games to be in their console because I know quite a few of them(Eternal Darkness, Resident evil etc) but some of these games are made so they aren't real even though it looks real (Metroid Prime for example).

1) You're using the world real which is never a valid point. It's surreal if anything, and studies show that there is no correlation between games and real life violence(the controversy). Also, you do realise that ZombiU was a launch title for the Wii U right?

2) This idea that Nintendo is exempt invalidates this entire post. Nintendo have had more shares of controversy that the GTA games have combined. Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, Metroid etc etc (you don't even have to go very far).
Graphics have never stopped games from being controversial. We've had this since gaming started on systems like the Atari 2600. (See Custers Revenge)

3) Metroid Prime looks real?

4) The irony of graphics point and violence is null when you consider Dead Space: Extraction, No More Heroes, House of the Dead: Overkill, Resident Evil series and Mad World 'were' on the Wii.

5) In all seriousness, yeah GTA has made a living environment, but saying I can do that stuff in the game in reality...
[Image: GTA-V-skydiving-585x370.jpg]
... is a bit of a stretch.
You comparing an over exaggeration of real life(GTA) with a game about fighting space pirates and having super blood (Metroid). It's not how comparisons work.

(09-17-2013, 09:58 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote: I personally don't mind. If you ask me, we should have more controversial topics discussed through gaming, like that rape "scandal" of Hotline Miami for example. We shouldn't just brush everything terrible under the rug.
Well put. Same with your second point. You can be as much or as little much of an arsehole in GTA as you want. Mario may not be real but you're killing a form of life. It just doesn't resemble a human.

Messages In This Thread
Do video games need extreme content? - by Artwark - 09-16-2013, 11:50 AM
RE: Do video games need extreme content? - by BumblebeeCody - 09-19-2013, 01:24 PM