Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Youtube complications
I have uploaded and deleted the same video twice because it gets this hellish static sound on the site, but it works perfectly unuploaded. Any ideas?
How long after you uploaded your video did you decide to delete said video? Youtube takes a while to finish encoding everything to its format, even more so recently.

The only other thing I can think of that might be the problem is the way your export your video. What's codec did you use and what editor are you using to render your video?
I agree with Lightmatt that it could just be a time problem. Try uploading it and then just letting it sit for awhile; hopefully it'll correct itself.
I don't know honestly. I go away for a little while, 30 minutes maybe.

I use msi afterburner and currently have no editing software.
You should wait at least a hour or so after uploading before the Youtube finishes its thing.

(11-09-2013, 07:58 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: I use msi afterburner and currently have no editing software.

And what's the file extension that afterburner spits out when you're done recording?

Nevermind I went ahead and found out myself. I assume you're uploading a .avi file?
Yep, and its been working fine until this one.
(11-09-2013, 08:50 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: Yep, and its been working fine until this one.

Well while that might not be the root of the problem, I can see Youtube having trouble encoding AVI's in less than 30 minutes. (Not to mention whatever compression MSI is applying when recording; unless you're recording uncompressed which you shouldn't unless you plan on editing it.)

To get the best out of Youtube you might want to aim for a different codec. I see MSI supports recordings in .MKV which would be an easier file for youtube to take compared to AVI. (I won't go into the specifics, but you can read more about it here.)

I'll run some tests to see if you can get a greater output and quicker encodings with recording in .MKV.
I don't quite understand but go on.
MKV isn't really a format. It's a container. Chances are, you'd be looking at MPEG-4 video and AAC audio in that container, which may very well be better for YouTube but those same audio and video tracks can reside just as happily in an MP4 container.

To sum up what I'm trying to say, check your video and audio codecs if you're going to switch containers. That being said, I'm not sure if this will really even make a difference if this is the first of many videos, all recorded and uploaded in the same way, that exhibits these symptoms. I'd need to look into it a bit more before being able to go into any more detail but I can't do that from my phone.
I think it might be because its kind of long. My other videos are all under 5 minutes. Or, it might be because I was trying to use my mic. The recorded video processed it just fine. Would youtube have an issue?
(11-09-2013, 09:55 PM)Petie Wrote: MKV isn't really a format. It's a container.

I know, but I didn't want to confuse psycho by saying container. Then again I'm just terrible at explaining stuff.

And psycho your mic might have caused the static as I'm assuming you were using MSI to record both the game and your mic at the same time in the same application. This would result in both audio tracks (Game and Mic) to be mixed together, and if your mic was picking up any background noise that can drown out the game audio and ruin the audio completely. What I'm saying is it's was your mic's fault.

If you're going to record any commentary, it's best to record it in a separate application like Audacity and do some noise removal on it so this won't happen; but then again you still need a video editor of some kind to splice it all together.

But if you're just gonna record the game and upload that then I recommend you try these settings:
(Feel free to change the settings as you please. I wouldn't record a 8-bit or 16-bit game at 30FPS)

And here's a video that used those settings if you need it:
Alright, I set my settings to that. How would I go about getting Audacity? Also, I hate saying this as I've used professional video editing programs before, would the windows movie maker work?
(11-09-2013, 11:01 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: Alright, I set my settings to that. How would I go about getting Audacity? Also, I hate saying this as I've used professional video editing programs before, would the windows movie maker work?

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

And I would look for a tutorial on noise removal for Audacity on youtube as well.

If you want to use an editor I recommend you disregard the settings I showed earlier and switch back to AVI and use these settings: (I would recommend to record uncompressed for lossless editing, but that would result in a really large file.)

Honestly, WMM should be the VERY LAST thing you try. I'd rather try Avisynth before I use WMM.
(11-09-2013, 07:24 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: I have uploaded and deleted the same video twice because it gets this hellish static sound on the site, but it works perfectly unuploaded. Any ideas?

A lot of my early videos(2007) on YouTube began to have a horrible "LOUD" white noise sound coming through whenever you pressed play. I've seen other YouTubers with old videos experiencing the same problem. New videos however? No idea.

Most have corrected themselves now but a few year ago(3 or so), but some still remain with that noise.
I wonder if it has something to do with the new interface.