Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Killzone thread
Killzone discussion and whatnot.

I never played the first one but my old gf bought me KZ2 for my birthday back when it was a relatively new thing. I enjoyed it to the fullest, especially the multiplayer, but the single player final boss was complete bullcrap. It took me weeks to beat Radec and when I finally did the battle was suddenly done in like five minutes after I had before done the exact same things with the battles taking almost an hour and me dying constantly. No idea what I was doing wrong.

KZ3 is definitely my favorite thus far, even though I really hated the rail shooter/vehicle parts of the single player. The final boss is also kind of a let down compared to the epic, albeit frustrating, battle with Radec from the previous game. I've also sank a good amount of time in the multiplayer though I haven't touched the game since my previous PS3 died.

One of my favorite parts in KZ3 was the ability to split-screen co-op the game with your friends and I have no idea why they took that out of Shadow Fall. The co-op gave me the incentive to play through the game multiple times and now I really don't feel like getting Shadow Fall, even if I was really excited for it before. Maybe I'll just go for the Vita one, Mercenary I think. I have enough single player games going on on multiple consoles so I'll just opt for the hand held one when I can't get that sweet, sweet split-screen on my console.
Personally I felt all the Killzone games to be extremely average and generic at best. I bought Killzone1 on the PS2 and it was pretty bland and lifeless. I bought 2 a few years ago and only did the first checkpoint before I got bored. The online multiplayer however is pretty fun. Then I never bothered with Killzone 3 because I honestly don't like the series that much.

That being said, the graphics team(plus sound, gameplay etc) are amazing and Killzone: Shadow Fall looks to be their best achievement yet. But graphics alone isn't worth warranting a purchase.
To be honest, I've never really been into FPS games. I played a little bit of Counter Strike back in the day, moved onto Condition Zero and when everyone else went for Counter Strike Source, I just dropped out. I didn't feel like buying updated versions of the same game just to keep playing. After that I played a lot of Soldier of Fortune and Halo with friends (never had an Xbox myself) but none of that really got me going anymore. Battlefield and Call of Duty both feel sooooo boring to me that I never bothered playing them after trying them out. Yet, for some reason, Killzone hit me, hard. I love the multiplayer, might even get Shadow Fall just for that, and it's literally the only game series I consistently play online. Or, well, would play if my PS3 hadn't pooped. The single player does not interest me unless it has co-op, which I'm really bummed Shadow Fall won't have. Give me a new KZ with both a great multiplayer and a co-op mode and I'm all over that.
I haven't played since the first one. Do they reuse the same maps?
(11-19-2013, 06:40 AM)Psychospacecow Wrote: I haven't played since the first one. Do they reuse the same maps?

From what I remember, 2 and 3 had their own maps. I'm not sure about any of the DLC map packs, never bought any. Also never played the first one. Shadow Fall maps were all new to me, at least the ones I saw on a stream.
The only Killzone I've ever played is Shadow Fall and I honestly never had interest in the series before. All I've really heard about them is that the graphics are great and the multiplayer is good. I'm digging Shadow Fall, the story doesn't really mean much to me, but it's fun. I haven't tried the multiplayer yet, I'm waiting to finish the campaign.