Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Articles Are Go!
Over the past few weeks, Petie and I have been putting together a section on the site for articles to be posted. These will be articles written specifically for VGFacts, and will cover information on games as it's released. We will try to keep this section updated as we can, but do be aware this isn't a gaming news section... That's already well and truly covered on the web. This will be purely for trivia.

We'll also be including compilations of different sorts of trivia. Top 5s, Top 10s, that sort of thing. As time progresses, this section is sure to evolve in many ways, so keep up to date with it.

We're currently looking to bring on some new writers, but our standards are going to be very high. Applicants must have a high standard of English writing, with perfect punctuation, and a strong interest in gaming. Experience is a benefit, but not entirely necessary for the right candidate.

If you are interested, send a resume, or some samples of your past work to us via the contact page! We'll get back to you once we've made a decision.

Feel free to give us your opinion on this section, anything you'd like to see expanded, changed or added, we'll do our best to satisfy your needs!
Just found and fixed a couple of bugs but, as always, we're not perfect so please report anything you notice that doesn't seem to be working here and I'll take care of it ASAP!
I just noticed the addition to the toolbar (that's what that's called right?). I read a few of them and it looks like it's working. Great idea that I wouldn't have thought to add to the site.
I generally just refer it to as the nav bar or navigation but toolbar works too. Thanks for the feedback!
If need be, I'm available for proofreading articles to make sure they're top notch on the grammar front.
This sounds like an AWESOME idea! Part of me says begin writing and try it out, even if I'm not in this type of work.
This is why you asked me to wait a day for the ps4 thing. I really like this and might have to try it you'd have me. I have a question however. Would I need to submit articles within a certain time frame? If so, what would that be?
Well this is pretty cool!
One stupidly obvious question:

The "About the Author" part... Is that really the person who wrote the article (Dazz)?
That's correct. I am the sexy man you see there!
So, do I have to work within a certain time frame if I do this or what? What's the quota?
Just something I noticed, the articles say they were written January 1st, 1970.
That's weird, it says November 20, 2013 for me.
I wonder what that's about.
I would definitely be interested in writing, though my downfall would propably be that I'm only well versed in horror games (and horror in general). I have written lots of blogs and articles on Screwattack and news pieces on ResidentEvilForums, if those are any merit.

I may apply but first a couple of questions. How often are articles written per writer? How is the subject and the writer, who the subject will be given, chosen? Also, how is the length of an article determined?
Wow, I just looked at it and it looks good.