Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Cold War project ideas?
No, I'm not just being lazy here. My history class has an option this year where, before beginning a new unit, we take an ungraded pre-test on the subject and if we ace it, we can skip all of the school work and instead do a project related to the matter. With the Cold War unit coming up, I tested out of it and am now in need of a project idea on anything relating to the Cold War.

I have a few so far, either a report on a few people whose reputations and careers were obliterated by Mcarthyism, or I might check out a few local Fallout shelters that were built in the era and take pictures and stuff.

Does anybody have any cool ideas for something I could do?
You could watch a bunch of 80's action flicks and show how they were used as propaganda against the Russians, or you could talk about some of the early responses to Communism involving The Red Scare, or Vietnam and Korea.
Do a presentation in front of your class with this as your theme music...
Propaganda.
There's no better study of a war than how each side portrays the other to its people.