Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
PS4 was launched....that's neat.
It was last week that the PS4 was launched and yesterday (or maybe today I'm not quite sure) the Xbox-One was also launched too.

This will mostly be about the PS4 but if you wish to add in Xbox related comments I'm okay with that.

Most I'm just throwing out my thoughts on the matter. For instance, the fact that both consoles have had quite a few glitches, bugs and other problems in one form or another makes me glad I'm not one of the early adopters to new things.

I rather wait till all the kinks have been worked out before jumping head first into the unknown. I do this with all Bethesda games too since they are notorious for glitchy games, taking many months sometimes as long as a whole year after release to fix all the possible bugs.

Now as the above paragraph states, I haven't gotten one yet. I'm going to, but I'm waiting not only for the bugs to be fixed with the console but to also wait for better games since like with the PS3 before it, not too many good games out to warrant me spending $400 plus whatever game and/or accessories I may wish to get with it (PS4 camera looks like it has potential but I'll wait even longer till they show something worth the $60 price to have it beyond a voice command module to turn things on and such).

I do like many of the features it has, especially with the camera being able to record and stream my gaming sessions so if I ever wanted to do my own Let's Play I could and have commentary tracks too (I think, they were sketchy on that detail as I recall). 500 GB of HDD space too is awesome and downloading and playing a game at the same time is a really cool feature.

Welp, that's all I got. Any thoughts, comments, concerns, ideas?
To be honest I'm a little disappointed with this gen launch titles. I was excited for Watch Dogs... which they delayed it...

I'm just gonna wait for at least 2 or 3 years before deciding which console I should get. I owned a Ps1,Ps2 and Xbox360. But for this gen I think I'm going to go for PC Gaming. It's much more affordable. Just plug in a controller and I'm good to go.

And of course, I have to wait for a few years and see which console offer better exclusives. Other than that, there's no other reason for me to buy a new-gen console.

I'm more excited for the Ps4 than the Xbone. I don't see any major upgrade from Xbox360 (kinect 2.0... mehhh). If I have to choose between the PS4 and XBone, it would be PS4.
PS4s launch took a huge hit. Sure you get lots of free games like Contrast and Resogun. But the delays only meant that the Xbox had the better launch line-up. Mainly Dead Rising 3 and Killer Instinct.
How did the Xbone sell? Because as far as I know, PS4 broke records with its units sold on launch day.

Anyway, I'm waiting for either a Slim version or a Vita bundle before I buy a PS4. PS3 will still get games I'm personally interested in, like Watch Dogs, so there's no reason to upgrade yet. Only a new Resident Evil title would make me buy one in a heartbeat.
IGN had an article that said the UK was at least getting a PS4/Vita bundle so you have your second screen capabilities on top of having a handheld device for gaming too. No word on specific release date other than a vague image saying December 2013 or if/when it will be expanded for other territories.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/22/s...a-together
I heard the rumor already a few months ago. I hope they keep selling it for a while since I ain't getting a PS4 yet. Not like they'd even release it here until next year or something.
Same here. I would actually wait till that bundle comes out cause I've always wanted to have a handheld again. Only one I've ever really had was the original Game Boy but nothing else since then. Plus there are some games I've wanted to play that I probably only could now with the Vita like Lunar Silver Star Harmony (psp remake of the game, loved this game and hope I can one day play it again).
I just wish they'd make more PSP game available for download, like Final Fantasy Crisis Core and Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero? I really wouldn't want to go back and get a PSP for those, especially when it isn't exactly easy to find all PSP exclusive games anymore.
I'm enjoying mine, but there just isn't a ton for me to do with it. I just beat Killzone like a minute ago, so I guess I'll try the multiplayer. And because of PS+ I have like 10 new games for PS3 that I've been downloading and installing all day. I just wish Watch Dogs wasn't delayed...
(11-23-2013, 04:04 PM)Zaliphone Wrote: I'm enjoying mine, but there just isn't a ton for me to do with it.

That's the other reason besides bugs that would forstal me from buying one (if there was actually any to buy at the moment, pre-orders bought out the whole stock and still waiting to have shelves and online stores to restock).

There isn't too many games that interest me. Knack looks interesting, maybe I will try Killzone but other than that I'm not gonna shell out that much money till there is more things to do with it. Upside though is I just got PS+ year subscription so there are free games to download but even with that I'm gonna wait till there are newer games to play, ones I haven't played yet.
Dead rising 3 LOOKS Awful did anyone play it
Now even though I'm not getting PS4 or One, I want to know to those who own one of them, are the loading times just as annoying as last gen or better?
(11-24-2013, 03:28 PM)PixelXenoKing Wrote: Dead rising 3 LOOKS Awful did anyone play it

I dunno, it looked like a lot of fun when I was watching a stream of it.
All I know for sure is that "Tactical Pistol" would either screw up your gun or your flashlight because the moment the slide goes back, that's all getting "Are you really that stupid?" treatment.
At first I was sold on the PS4 and was completely turned off by the Xbone when I learned about its "All-in-One" system. But as more and more information came out, I became less and less enthusiastic about both consoles. It may be a good 2 to 3 years before I even buy a PS4 (Or Xbone...I may change my mind). Right now all my attention drifted to the Wii U, as lame as that sounds.