Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Elfstones of Shannara is coming to TV...on MTV of all places. Huh?
http://www.terrybrooks.net/2013/12/elfst...ville-duo/

Yeah, I found out yesterday that this was happening. I've been reading Terry Brooks since I was in high school (which was around 9 years ago when I started). I didn't even start with the book they are adapting either. I read the second series of books he did, which in the long run worked out great because some of the bits here and there that were alluded to made it all the more epic to see/read.

For any who don't know about this series, Shannara is a fantasy series that takes place in our world but in the future after mankind is close to being wiped out after what is called The Great War. This war takes place still in our future but not to distant one. Skip ahead about 2,000 years and mankind is right back to the Dark Ages only now magic is real and replaced science as the dominant power.

Elfstones, the book being adapted is the second one in the series because the previous one called The Sword of Shannara is too close to Lord of the Rings in scope and context.

Elfstones is not....not even close. Still big epic quest and journey to fight off dark forces but that is the same in a lot of stories before and after Tolkien.

Any who, just curious if there are any Terry Brooks or Shannara fans among here and if so what do you think of Elfstones being made into a tv show? Or thoughts on Shannara in general or Terry Brooks in general. I'm okay with on-off topic conversation.