Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Zelda: Hyrule Warriors

Dynasty warriors meets Zelda.
2 thumbs down. It looks like a mindless bash em up to me. Where's a real LoZ, not an HD remake? Or had Nintendo stooped so low as to not put any real effort into their games, cater entirely to a kiddie audience, and churn out stale games based on franchise name only and collect all the cash?
(12-18-2013, 10:51 AM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote: 2 thumbs down. It looks like a mindless bash em up to me. Where's a real LoZ, not an HD remake? Or had Nintendo stooped so low as to not put any real effort into their games, cater entirely to a kiddie audience, and churn out stale games based on franchise name only and collect all the cash?

No. Ofcorse they wouldn't do this. *Cough*Mario Bros*Cough*

At lest with this, their trying something different with the series instead of rehashing the same idea over and over with only a new boss fight and a new code of paint. *Cough*Tanooki Suit ripoffs*Cough*
2 Thumbs UP, i like games like this GOW, DMC, MGRR i actually really like this idea.
I love games like Dynasty Warrior where you just blindly run around hacking and slashing :D
Double Thumbs Up !
(12-18-2013, 10:51 AM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote: Where's a real LoZ, not an HD remake?

On the 3DS.
I love horde games, but this seems really dumb. Plastering Zelda on a completely different game format. Zelda is about the adventure, the quest, not the mindless "kill everything."

I'll still get it, because as I said, horde games, but It's still dumb.

Two thumbs sideways.
(12-18-2013, 10:51 AM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote: 2 thumbs down. It looks like a mindless bash em up to me. Where's a real LoZ, not an HD remake? Or had Nintendo stooped so low as to not put any real effort into their games, cater entirely to a kiddie audience, and churn out stale games based on franchise name only and collect all the cash?

Eugh, this comment really annoys me.

Let me guess, do you not count Zelda 2 as a "real LOZ" Just because it's different?

Seriously, it's something new and different. You should be happy. All you've seen is one gameplay trailer, and you're assuming it'll be shit. I thought the same of Link between worlds, and it turned out to be one of the better Zelda's out there.

Every time someone keeps complaining that they don't change Zelda, and then when they do it always reminds me of this.

[Image: 19447.jpg]
If Nintendo is going to release a Dynasty Warriors mash up involving another franchise, I've got a suggestion for a different franchise that would work... a little better...
F-Zero
Just kidding. Fire Emblem. The setting, having a vast amount of characters to work with. I would enjoy controlling a team through a massive wave of enemies with their own unique stats in an RPG style. I don't think it would feel as out of place. But then, that... would just be the latest Dynasty Warriors...
Of course, with there being more LoZ fans, anything they made, no matter how good or bad, with the name LoZ will make money, so I guess Nintendo has the point over me in that respect. But, I still hate the idea.

(12-18-2013, 03:33 PM)retrolinkx Wrote:

Eugh, this comment really annoys me.

Let me guess, do you not count Zelda 2 as a "real LOZ" Just because it's different?

Seriously, it's something new and different. You should be happy. All you've seen is one gameplay trailer, and you're assuming it'll be shit. I thought the same of Link between worlds, and it turned out to be one of the better Zelda's out there.

Every time someone keeps complaining that they don't change Zelda, and then when they do it always reminds me of this.

Actually, I did like Zelda 2. It still had exploring in it. All the other titles in that little comic? Enjoyed. They at least had unique puzzles, not mindless killing of waves upon waves of creatures attempting to make me look like I'm awesome or something. That is what I don't like about this.
Yeah, Fire Emblem would've been cool. It would've made a bit more sense, but in general. I like the idea, even if there were better ones.

I think if they ever made a crossover with F-Zero, it should be with God Hand.

>Falcon Punching criminals and crooks to get your Bounty
>Falcon Kicking them too.
>Going through a huge world with racing on the side (or an addition to the story to win money/ advance story)

It would be amazing to play. Just watch this and imagine Capt. Falcon
(12-18-2013, 04:00 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: Yeah, Fire Emblem would've been cool. It would've made a bit more sense, but in general. I like the idea, even if there were better ones.

I think if they ever made a crossover with F-Zero, it should be with God Hand.

>Falcon Punching criminals and crooks to get your Bounty
>Falcon Kicking them too.
>Going through a huge world with racing on the side (or an addition to the story to win money/ advance story)

It would be amazing to play. Just watch this and imagine Capt. Falcon
If that were ever to happen, there would have to be at least one mission where I can play as this guy, or maybe fight him....
I like this. I really like this. Wish more franchises would change things up more. (Like almost every AAA game that get squeal after squeal.)
I wonder if there are going to be other characters.
Maybe people could actually play as Zelda in A Legend of Zelda for once, or Ganon, or a Goron, or a Cucco. Let there be a secret unlockable Cucco!
To be honest, Dynasty Warriors requires a lot of replaying of stages and knowledge to get the best score. It's a lot more than randomly slashing at waves of enemies. But in terms of combat, DMC/Bayonetta have a much higher execution and combo potential than those games.
That being said, this looks better than Skyward Sword.

(12-18-2013, 08:39 PM)Lightmatt Wrote: I like this. I really like this. Wish more franchises would change things up more. (Like almost every AAA game that get squeal after squeal.)

Agreed with this too. Whether people like or not, Zelda is the same as the Call of Duty series to an even more insulting degree. Links Crossbow Training had potential but if Nintendo let the developers have fun on this game, then we could see something really special. Much like Link was in Soul Calibur 2 or the Smash Bros series.
Website

Famitsu interview

More pictures here:

[Image: intro.jpg][Image: top_main.jpg][Image: character_link.jpg][Image: link_ss01.jpg][Image: OAs15iJ.jpg][Image: MT2IjoZ.jpg][Image: gal_02.jpg][Image: gal_16.jpg][Image: gal_09.jpg][Image: BEG1alf.jpg][Image: NGufFiJ.jpg][Image: gal_07.jpg][Image: F2d7j87.jpg][Image: bAYvVjG.jpg][Image: link.jpg][Image: inpa.jpg][Image: shia.jpg][Image: wiz.jpg][Image: valga.jpg]