Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
What's the most rarest video game related thing you've got?
For me, It's probably this old PS2 demo disk.

[Image: LnkiY5Z.jpg]

[Image: LG39Twt.jpg]

I also had this Donkey Kong Game & Watch, but I lost it. Yeah, I know.
The special N64 donkey Kong controller. There were only a few thousand and were only available through Nintendo power.
Nothing really, unless you count that Maxxplay controller I got. Im not sure how rare it is, though.
The #10 produced Payday 2 collectors edition out of 10,000 i count it because its number 10 so...
The things I'm listing aren't rare in the sense that they were few made but rare now because they are scarce in being sold in a store or online. I'm sure there are a lot of people who have these two items.
For me it is my copies of FF 7 which these days isn't cheap. If you really wanted it you can download it off the PSN for like $9.99 or less I think. Anywhere else you will pay a pretty penny for. The other is Legend of the Dragoon, Amazon listed it around $70 (and FF7 around $170) which doesn't mean you can't find them cheaper used or other wise. I'm just saying they are right now the highest prices that some are selling.

I bought both for around $30 each, both were PS Greatest Hits and FF7 was probably out for maybe 3-4 years so I got lucky seeing it in Walmart one day and Legend of the Dragoon was in the bargain bin so I jumped on it as soon as I saw it.
As far as "rare" demo discs go, I have PlayStation Demo One, Silent Hill and Resident Evil 3: Nemesis.

I don't really have any rare games, though. I guess Ehrgeiz, Sweet Home, Fast Striker, Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collection and a special edition of the first Resident Evil movie could be count as somewhat rare. The movie case is in terrible condition, though, after lending it to a friend way back when.

EDIT: All right I just learned that the Big Box PC versions of early Resident Evil games go for ridiculous prices. Now I'm even more pissed that my box for RE2 disappeared into oblivion. At least I still have RE3, which seems to be even more rare.
Oh are demo disc rare because i got a bunch of them for PS1 and PS2 i got them mailed to me all the time.
(12-22-2013, 08:55 AM)PixelXenoKing Wrote: Oh are demo disc rare because i got a bunch of them for PS1 and PS2 i got them mailed to me all the time.

Regular demo discs are essentially worth nothing. Well, unless you have something like the Resident Evil 1.5 demo or something to that extent.

I just threw in those demos in my post because the OP started with one. That's why I wrote "rare" in quotes.
(12-22-2013, 09:48 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote:
(12-22-2013, 08:55 AM)PixelXenoKing Wrote: Oh are demo disc rare because i got a bunch of them for PS1 and PS2 i got them mailed to me all the time.

Regular demo discs are essentially worth nothing. Well, unless you have something like the Resident Evil 1.5 demo or something to that extent.

I just threw in those demos in my post because the OP started with one. That's why I wrote "rare" in quotes.

Woah, how do you get a demo disc for Resident Evil 1.5?
In terms of money wise, I have a few, Skies of Arcadia for both Dreamcast and Gamecube, Legend of Zelda: Collectors Edition goes for a lot. Xenoblade too, and I own Pokémon XD which is expensive these days.

I also own a Mega CD, which goes for like £100, that's pretty rare these days especially around here, oh and two Limited Edition Pikachu Gameboy colors.

That's about it, I own Halo Reach Limited Edition and Skyward Sword Limited Edition, but they're not worth much right now. They'll probably be worth a lot later.
Uh... I have a mint-condition Nintendo Power from 2009 with my name in it. If anyone else has the one with the Donkey Kong Kountry Returns picture on the front and the caption contest with the Transformers picture in the back, look dat shit up.

Other than that, not much.
I have one of the rarest licensed GBA games ever, if not the most.
The game is called The Morning Adventure, and it was only released in Spain in a very limited amount to promote a new kind of bun. The games were given as a part of a raffle among other stuff like t-shirts or toys, and they gave really few, making it a really rare game.

By the way, the game sucked balls, so... lucky me, I guess.
(12-22-2013, 01:07 PM)frankfrost2 Wrote:

Those were available in Japan for a while, though I think it was just a demo video, not the actual game. Still, ridiculously rare. There may have been an actual demo build but that would have only been available to Capcom employees, making it even more rare. I do think they got rid of all demo builds at some point though.
(12-23-2013, 01:47 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote:

Those were available in Japan for a while, though I think it was just a demo video, not the actual game. Still, ridiculously rare. There may have been an actual demo build but that would have only been available to Capcom employees, making it even more rare. I do think they got rid of all demo builds at some point though.

That sounds awesome.
Are there any available anywhere? (Ebay, Amazon, etc)
(12-23-2013, 04:53 PM)frankfrost2 Wrote:
(12-23-2013, 01:47 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote:

That sounds awesome.
Are there any available anywhere? (Ebay, Amazon, etc)

If you ever manage to find one I can assure you it would cost you a ridiculous amount of money. Seriously, if it was a purchase that was as easily made as going to Amazon and buying one, I'd have ten. Like I said, they got rid of all demo builds, making that demo even more rare than the PC version of Survivor.